Hacking need help choosing flashcart

Kevin578

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im looking for something to replace my ds-x, and want one that supports 100% compatibility with both gba and ds games. additional features like media players and cheats would be nice.

any suggestions?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if you want nds and gba the best kit i've used and own is the m3 lite. however, 100% isn't something it has as the loader is no longer updated. i have e-mailed them several times and they assure me if an update is required they will release one.... yet it's never released =P.

a great option would be to get a good slot1 and an ez 3-in-1 as you can use rudolph's gba exp_loader to flash gba games to that kit.

look up the cyclods, acekard rpg if you want a great card and money isn't an option
look up the itouch if you want a good compatibility but money is tight
look up the r4 if you want a solid card that has no bells or whistles... i just works well which is what a flash kit should do.

i would recommend the acekard2, as its a very solid kit except for the fact that the recent manufacturing glitches have first caused DOA and now FAT errors. i ordered two 4 weeks ago and both had FAT errors. if they solve the problem get one, it is a great kit and the price is right.

you should consider other things, such as do you want sdhc support.
do you want high compatibility for download play
do you want bells and whistles like open source firmware, slow motion and save states?

a great place to start is by reading the reviews here. after a few weeks of reading and research i'm pretty sure you will know what you want.

goodluck,
-another world

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CycloDS Evolution with EZ-Flash 3 in 1.

Best ROM compatibility and a highly active team.

Very good cheat compatibility supported by Narin, and there's a homebrew that lets you download cheats directly to your Cyclo using WiFi.

You can moonshell for media, it's very easy.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
dealextreme has both for a bit. team cyclo cracked down on them for offering the kit at 36$. they said they will honor all who purchase it at that price, but i have no idea if they still have it up. redhotstuff has both and they are in the US, however, i just ordered a legit r4 as a gift and they sent me a clone in r4 packages, shell, retail sticker, etc. not that they did it on purpose but they did do it.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-