Need Help Choosing Flashcard...

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by ShamusHand, Aug 25, 2008.

1. ShamusHand
    OP

ShamusHand Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2008
    United States
    Hello all!

I`ve recently grown tired of my trusty R4 and handed it down to my sister after selling my DS (I just can`t stand the white anymore). So I will be buying a new Crimson/Black DS, an 8GB MicroSD, and to go along with it a new flashcard. The thing is, I`m stuck between the AceKard 2 and the AceKard RPG. What is their difference besides the USB plug? Also, must work with EzFlash 3-in-1.

All help appreciated!@

2. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    This really should be posted in the Acekard RPG forum.

The main difference between the Acekard 2 and the RPG (besides the price) is that the RPG has on-board NAND memory as well as a microSD slot.

In my opinion, the RPG isn't worth the extra cost. It's also not being supported as well by Acekard as the Acekard 2, and it has a limit on the save file size which means that it cannot play some of the newer games that utilize larger save files.

Both work with the 3-in-1.

-Bri

3. ShamusHand
    OP

ShamusHand Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2008
    United States
    Awesome, thanks. I`ll buy the AceKard 2 then.

Also, the reason I posted here was because I was choosing between DSTT and iTouchDS. But after I saw how everyone was suggesting the AceKards, and I read the review... Wow. [​IMG]

4. zhuzhuchina

zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 17, 2008
    Switzerland
    Shanghai
    if you got ez5 3in1, why don't you buy directly a Ez5 plus slot 1 card?
    at least 100 compatibility

5. ShamusHand
    OP

ShamusHand Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2008
    United States
    Does the AceKard 2 [​IMG] hide hidden folders?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice