ROM Hack Need help changing Mario Kart 7 sounds

Aquadraws

OP
Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
I am finding problems replacing MK7 sounds with the MKWii(I already have the sound files) my questions are:

How the hell i replace STRM_MENU_WIFI without the game crashing(It just plays 1 second of the song then mute and after another second 3ds freeze)?

Where are the sounds that plays when you win a race in 1st 2nd 3rd etc..(both battle and vs races) also the one that plays after STRM_FANFARE_START_GP / STRM_FANFARE_START_TA and before the 3 2 1 GO (The engine sounds when you wait for people with potato internet) and how to edit them?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
1. You have to make a multichannel bcstm. You can follow any instructions online to make a multi-channel brstm and then convert it using this tool: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-brstm-bcstm-conversion-tool-beta.378702/ (Use EveryFileExplorer and Audacity to check how many channels the bcstm you want to replace has)

2. They are sequenced files (sort of midi) and are packed inside the .bcsar file. There is no way to edit them currently.

Reactions: Aquadraws

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well thanks for your anwer, but I saw on youtube someone that had replaced the engine sound before 3 2 1 go(I guess it was just edited from the video)
Ah wait, I thought you were referring to something else. That is stored in the stream folder with all the other sound files, I don't remember the exact name but it was obvious.

Aquadraws

OP
Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
Else I am blind, or I don't know. I looked at all the .bcstm files and they all looked like course sounds + menu sounds

May be one of the .bcgrp files in extData?

Ah wait, I thought you were referring to something else. That is stored in the stream folder with all the other sound files, I don't remember the exact name but it was obvious.

Sorry that you did not understand, to make it more clear I was looking for: The engine sound before 3.2.1 GO in online races (When you wait people with bad wifi to load in, i can record it) and the sound that plays after you cross the finish line based on your position

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Some sort of download management app