need help burning Gamecube homebrew discs

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by Diosoth, Jan 25, 2013.

Jan 25, 2013
  1. Diosoth
    OP

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have burn commercial game ISO files to disc just fine, provided the rip is good(lost 2 discs so far to bad ISO rips and I've had issues with Serious Sam Next Encounter that make me suspect a bad ISO- or the game is just buggy, I don't know) but I'm having severe issues with homebrew. I need a way to load emulators off an SD card so I'm trying Swiss and Megaloader. Both files have ISOs ready to burn to DVD, but I've done so a few times and always get a disc that won't work.

I'm using ImgBurn with a brand new Asus DVD-RW drive. My discs are RITEKG04 and my Gamecube is a silver NTSC model with Xeno 2.0 chip installed. I did not have to adjust the pot from factory settings to play games, it worked first time.

The problem may be that the disc isn't totally filling up. There's a few millimeters of unused space at the edge using these homebrew ISO files. Is there a setting I'm missing in ImgBurn to totally fill a disc or do I have to pad the ISO somehow? I was told to just burn the ISO, and it seems others have burned these ISOs and got them to work so I'm at a loss here. The pot might need adjustment but I've had no problems playing commercial games- I've played a few for an hour at a time and had nothing go wrong- so I'm doubtful that will help matters.