need help burning Gamecube homebrew discs

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by Diosoth, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Diosoth
    OP

Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

Nov 25, 2008
    United States
    I have burn commercial game ISO files to disc just fine, provided the rip is good(lost 2 discs so far to bad ISO rips and I've had issues with Serious Sam Next Encounter that make me suspect a bad ISO- or the game is just buggy, I don't know) but I'm having severe issues with homebrew. I need a way to load emulators off an SD card so I'm trying Swiss and Megaloader. Both files have ISOs ready to burn to DVD, but I've done so a few times and always get a disc that won't work.

I'm using ImgBurn with a brand new Asus DVD-RW drive. My discs are RITEKG04 and my Gamecube is a silver NTSC model with Xeno 2.0 chip installed. I did not have to adjust the pot from factory settings to play games, it worked first time.

The problem may be that the disc isn't totally filling up. There's a few millimeters of unused space at the edge using these homebrew ISO files. Is there a setting I'm missing in ImgBurn to totally fill a disc or do I have to pad the ISO somehow? I was told to just burn the ISO, and it seems others have burned these ISOs and got them to work so I'm at a loss here. The pot might need adjustment but I've had no problems playing commercial games- I've played a few for an hour at a time and had nothing go wrong- so I'm doubtful that will help matters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice