Need Help Badly...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by happytime96, Apr 5, 2009.

Apr 5, 2009

Need Help Badly... by happytime96 at 2:34 AM (864 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. happytime96
    OP

Newcomer happytime96 Member

United States
    As I said on the title, I downloaded firmware upgrader 4.0 from Waninkoko, and this is the site,
    http://dl.qj.net/Firmware-Updater-4.0-Wii-...26688/catid/526
    After I downloaded it, I put it in the SD card. And opened the firmware upgrader from HBC. It took a long time to install, so I turned down the TV for about 40minutes (didn't turn the WII off, just the TV), then when I turned it on, it said 'PRESS ANY BUTTON TO RESTART', you know, when you finish installing, so I pressed any button. Few seconds lator my WII gave me a black screen and then no responces. I unpluged my WII and pluged it back. It still didn't work. Only the black screen. Even the WIIMOTE wasn't able to get connected. the lights just blank as I pressed some buttons to turn WIIMOTE on. Didn't work. I couldn't even see the WARNING screen like this, 'WARNING.......... PRESS ANY BUTTON TO START', you know, a note that comes right after you turn your WII on.. So anybody know how to fix or help me with this??

2. estebanchaidez

Newcomer estebanchaidez Member

United States
    yeah, bricked sounds about right. if you got some sort of insurance, mind as well use it. send it to the nintendo factory. they'll forgive your mistake and intall 4.0, i think. lol
    next time, read some topics and read some guides before moving into modding. seroiusly, don't people know how to read anymore?

3. menage730

Member menage730 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yea sounds like a brick but how long you left it on cause when i had udated with the updater it really took long to boot up & it did but i didnt unplug it why would you do that shouldve power down

4. happytime96
    OP

Newcomer happytime96 Member

United States
    I didn't repeat this for purpose. My computer was so slow. so I accidently pressed it more than once... sorry about that.

5. air2004

Member air2004 Air

United States
    the updater took forever for me too , you were suppossed to install cios60 before using the updater , as for problems , I did get a warning saying my system files were corrupt , but the funny thing is I shut it off and turned it back on and everything was fine

6. helloforum

Member helloforum GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sounds liked your bluetooth module broke

7. blitzxp

Newcomer blitzxp Member

Chile
    did you have more than 250 blocks left ??

8. dun4cheap

Member dun4cheap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Same here, all is well after a reboot. I really think that is some of the confusion for many. I installed a patched IOS60 prior to running Wani's 4.0 update. Of course I already had installed the gamma back loader, usb2 patch, the usb loader channel with CIOS's as well.

I am about to do the same thing on my other Wii which is 3.3U not 3.4U like my other. But everthing is installed and running.