Hardware Need good advices

xmass73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I had another bizzard thing with my micro sdhc. I'm going to make a backup copy on my pc. I connect to it, I select everything and I copy / paste and there! Nada! Suddenly I copy folder by folder and I realize that it is the Homebrew Browser (OSC) folder that is causing the problem. I go in and there I have incomprehensible files with sentences, something nothing to do with. When I own the folder it puts me 20gb just for this app! While my card is 32gb and there is more than 25gb on it so impossible. Here I use the windows10pro check and repair tool and this 'returned to normal. Suddenly I tell myself that it is perhaps at the level of my micro-sdhc that there is a problem. This is a SAMSUNG microSDHC UHS-I Card 32GB Class10 in its original SD adapter, what do you think? I did a check (slow and fast) with "FAKEFLASHTEST.v1.1.2" and my SD is not a fake.

Another problem after updating priiloader v0.8.2 to v0.9 beta4 and retransfer SD content after testing it. When I run usbloadergx, it is staying much longer than usual on "SD Initialization". Now he is in English as if he couldn't see the French language files which are of course on the SD, the covers are no longer displayed, yet they are also on the SD. I got an error message (style "error: failed to create the sd / usbloadergx / covers" folder) when I wanted to download them again. With WiiXplorer I can see what is in the 2 partitions of my HDD but nothing is displayed when I select the SD. Yet USBLoaderGX is also on it and it starts! Slower but it starts and I played B0mberm@n Bl@st without problem! It would not be a problem at the level of the card reader of the wii? Maybe the internal connections of it are a little dirty? Is there a way to clean the connections of an sd drive without dismantling everything?

In the meantime, I have opted for a massive transfer of the content from my SD to my HDD:
"USB:/apps" : fceu gx, genplus gx, gx geo, nintendont, pimp my wii (for the more detailed syscheck),
savegamemanager gx, snes9xgx, syscheck hde, usbloader gx (+wiiware), wii64, wii64 (Rice), wiimc, wiimednafen.
"USB:/" : fichier "boot.elf", dossiers "private", "savegames", "saves" et "wad" (I did well where not ??)
fceu gx (roms + covers), genplus gx (roms + covers), gxgeo (+roms), nintendont (iso's which were already there in the "games" folder), snes9xgx (roms + covers), wii64, wii64 (Rice) (roms + covers), wiimednafen (+roms)

I deleted the config files from the loader, re-extracted an emunand via usbloadergx, reinstall 15 wiiwares (.wad) on it and it seems to work. But it created a "nand" folder for me and he put it in. So no waninkoko v17 or v19 for wiiware which causes problems or I should put emunand at the root of the HDD). On the other hand, whether it is pimp my wii or syscheck hde, no way they save the info file on the hdd: '(How come ?? How do I get a syscheck report ??

The covers are no longer displayed in fceuxgx, snes9xgx and wii64 however the access paths in the parameters are good and the file "boxart.bin" (for wii64) is indeed present in the same folder which contains the roms folder. It worked on SD but no longer on HDD! Why?? How to fix this.

If I want to put some apps on sd in addition to those on HDD, do I have to copy the "boot.elf" file and the "private" folder?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
I hope to finally be on the right track to finally have a little stability in my system. ;-)

Last edited by xmass73,
Reactions: jeannotte

xmass73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello my french friend ;) I write in english otherwise I will be :gun: by the admin :D

It is already formatted in FAT32 (32k) :)

I found this: "Extract the contents of SysCheckHDE.zip to the apps folder on your SD card (USB is not supported for saving the SysCheck)". :cry:

When will a massive update of all apps to a USB (HDD) version? "I'M A DREAMER" :P

Last edited by xmass73,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When will a massive update of all apps to a USB (HDD) version? "I'M A DREAMER"
Syscheck generates a report (csv file) at the root of the SD card, it is this file that you must open and post the content here.

you can copy all the contents of the SD card to the USB medium (provided that the medium is in FAT 32) and inform the HBC that your applications are on the external hard drive.

xmass73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes but the syscheck is done but the export of the result is not possible to hdd. :sad:
When I put the SD in and do a syschek with pimp my wii, I only see the apps installed on SD and not those on HDD. :sad:

xmass73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Read the tutorials that I have attached to you correctly ==> it helps (see Google Translate):P:rofl:
I don't quite understand why you're directing me to a tutorial on a fat32 formatting app for large HDDs. While my card is 32GB and I can use windows tools. ;-)
Or why you give me a tutorial on Syschek HDE. That's not the problem! ;-) On SD no worries. But if I put this app and others on SD at the same time as my HDD or I have transferred most of the emulators and roms + loader, I no longer have access to my HDD, so no more USBLoaderGX, more from Snes9xGX, more from Wii64, etc .....
When I have apps on SD and HDD, the only ones visible in the Homebrew Channel are those on SD. If I put everything on HDD the loader is fine, so are the emulators but I cannot export the hde syscheck report.
Thats the probleme my friend ;-)

Last edited by xmass73,

xmass73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Badablek told me what to do.

Button 1 on HBC menu and choose USB! Pfff!

It’s stupid! But why should you choose?

Why can't we directly see everything that is available on SD AND HDD?

It would still be better, wouldn't it?

In short! It's all right ;-)

Have a nice day :-)

Last edited by xmass73,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30