Hacking need desperate help with r4 and/or micro sd

aznelephant5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem with my r4 and micro sd card as the title says:
The story is:

i was on my computer innocently thinking of wat to download to my new r4. i suddenly remembered sword craftstory 2, a good gba i had liked to play on gba. i downloaded it and tried it, but it didnt appear on my r4. then, after reading froums about how the r4 cant play gba games, i decided to rename the file, swordcraftstory2.gba to swordcraftstory2.nds, to test if it would work. it appeared on the r4 menu and the moment pressed the 'a' button the thing froze and i turned the nintendo ds off. then back on. but this time the screen stayed "loading"and the r4 menu never comes up. at first i thought the r4 was broken, but when i pluged the micro sd into the computer using the adaptor, the computer couldnt detect the micro sd!!!!
i tried everything, tried to reformat with my computer and camera, which didnt work.

plz help me, what is wrong with my r4 or micro sd,
im in holiday in vietnam and i wont be bak in australia in a month and i cant survive!!!

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
after reading froums about how the r4 cant play gba games, i decided to rename the file, swordcraftstory2.gba to swordcraftstory2.nds, to test if it would work.

This idea fails, miserably.

As for your problem, I think you should try reformatting it in another computer. Or try reformatting it in a phone.

~Nero

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Something similar happened to me with my miniSD. Unfortunately, I had to replace it.

Hopefully your not in the same position I was. It could be that your adapter is messed up in some way...
unsure.gif

I hope this teaches us a lesson everyone:
Never try to trick your R4 into playing GBA games. It'll end up tricking you!
lecture.gif

_Snott_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that sucks. Just Format it and never try something like that again. If that doesn't work you may be out of luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That boy yo