XP
Country
Canada
DrKupo said:
ojsinnerz said:
ENDscape said:
ojsinnerz said:
DrKupo said:
In all honestly, nothing measures to the build quality of the iPods. They are popular for a number of reasons, quality being just one of them.

Too bad ipods are overrated to fuck, thanks to some of the stupidest fanboys around. Iphones are ok, imo.

ipods arent that great. It is overrated. I have a different mp3 player and its batteries last longer than ipods. Ive also had it for a while now, and compared to my cousins ipod, it lasts long because hers broke a while back.

blah blah blah

Words do not describe how wrong you are. You pay more for style, for quality, for support, for the knowledge that your money doesn't go to china. Apple spent time making a UI, and btw, my iphone drives my ultra-expensive shure earbuds well, resulting in high quality sound.

I suppose I should've mentioned Iphones and Ipod touch are an exception, although I really hate that the Iphones need a different headphone jack (Like those that say "Iphone compatible earphones", and that Ipod touches are expensive as fuck. 400 bucks for 8 gigs? Give me a break (Tax in Vancouver is 13% 7% for PST and 6% for GST. Or is it the other way around?) But great UI? really? All they did was make an incredibly simple UI, just with coverflow. It appeals, but it doesn't look like they spent too much time into it. Really GREAT. Style? It's thin, it has a clickwheel, it has other stuff and I'll give them a point for style, but a Samsung P2 is more stylish than an ipod.

Made in china? Well, bullshit. It's made in Korea. We fucking invented Mp3 players in the world. Sure, it sucked with it's little 31 megabytes, but sure, we made it, and invented it. All Apple did was just make an mp3 2 years later it was first introduced. I'm not saying we make the best mp3s in the world, since we don't have any harddrive based Mp3s, or any flash based one with high capacity., or some other stuff. But Ipods are certainly extremely overrated. That's a fact you cannot deny.

And which Shures are we talking about? Their $99 one? Shure doesn't suit my taste, because they produce a sound frequency, that extremely lacks bass. Nothing more than average mids, highs. Still better than stock ipod ones. Their top model is great, but far too expensive.

Lastly, the price. You're spending a hundred bucks more for a product, just because it's a brand name? The Sansa Fuze is 50 bucks cheaper than the Ipod nano, but does EVERYTHING the Ipod nano does. What major advantage does it have? It doesn't. It uses an inferior sound card, no replaceable battery, no micro sd slot for more memory, and it's a big brand name. There's the 4 hours difference in battery life, but it's actually only about 1-2 hour difference, because the producers always stretch the time, and etc.

Get my point? Also, if you think I'm trolling, I'm not. Go to Anythingbutipod.com, and find my account, which is called, Joyounghoon. I've been registered since last year. I used to have an account in 2006, but I lost it's password, as well as the ID.

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They fixed the headphone jack issue with the 3g. You have no idea what went into making that UI, so I advise you keep quiet. Keep telling yourself the p2 (whatever that is) is more stylish.

The set of shure's I purchased cost me close to 500 dollars.

The fuze has no style. The entire experience of using it sucks.

Your mp3 player is cheap because RND didn't cost as much. The UI was slapt together, it uses off-shelf components, etc. The Ipod had time put in to it. It truly delvers the best experience possible, and as thus, everyone owns one. Everyone except you, apparently.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DrKupo said:
They fixed the headphone jack issue with the 3g. You have no idea what went into making that UI, so I advise you keep quiet. Keep telling yourself the p2 (whatever that is) is more stylish.

Your mp3 player is cheap because RND didn't cost as much. The UI was slapt together, it uses off-shelf components, etc. The Ipod had time put in to it. It truly delvers the best experience possible, and as thus, everyone owns one. Everyone except you, apparently.

Now you're just being a huge fanboy. Best experience possible? That's just laughable. EVERYONE HAS ONE? Bullshit. You're posts are hilarious. Have you even used that many players out side the ipods?

HAHAHAHA. In Korea, Ipods don't sell too well. Why? It doesn't have what other players have. Majorly, a good sound quality, korean support, DMB services, a good battery life, and a few others. They sell it at the same prices too, and Irivers sell extremely well in Korea. No, they're not a fucking rip off of Ipods, because Iriver came out in 1999. It's just that none of their good players ever actually got localized, because Iriver was smart not to do so. It wouldn't have sold, because of the fanboys, and lots of the ignorant consumers that just buy things because they're a big brand names.

Fuze's experience sucks? Have you even tried it, or are you just saying this, because you're such a huge fanboy? I've used other sansa products before, and they've been fantastic. Good quality (Decent sound), and cheap. I dropped mine a few times, but no scratch, or anything of the sort. I sold mine for 110 bucks when I needed money, and the buyer (Who was my friend) was glad to buy one, because he didn't want to buy an overpriced ipod.

Also, good quality? SO THAT'S WHY MY FRIEND'S IPOD JUST BROKE WHEN HE DROPPED IT. Or like when the ipod classics have such a weak metal back, that scratches like absolutely crazy. Not just one of them, but 5 of the ones my friends have. They all had to get this case for it, because it's back was scratching like crazy.

You tell me to be quiet, I suggest you to do the same. You don't seem to know that many Mp3s to begin with, and simply say that without even knowing how it looks, or how it works.

What are you? Steve jobs? We don't care.

DrKupo

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
DrKupo said:

Now you're just being a huge fanboy. Best experience possible? That's just laughable. EVERYONE HAS ONE? Bullshit. You're posts are hilarious. Have you even used that many players out side the ipods?

HAHAHAHA. In Korea, Ipods don't sell too well. Why? It doesn't have what other players have. Majorly, a good sound quality, korean support, DMB services, a good battery life, and a few others. They sell it at the same prices too, and Irivers sell extremely well in Korea. No, they're not a fucking rip off of Ipods, because Iriver came out in 1999. It's just that none of their good players ever actually got localized, because Iriver was smart not to do so. It wouldn't have sold, because of the fanboys, and lots of the ignorant consumers that just buy things because they're a big brand names.

Fuze's experience sucks? Have you even tried it, or are you just saying this, because you're such a huge fanboy? I've used other sansa products before, and they've been fantastic. Good quality (Decent sound), and cheap. I dropped mine a few times, but no scratch, or anything of the sort. I sold mine for 110 bucks when I needed money, and the buyer (Who was my friend) was glad to buy one, because he didn't want to buy an overpriced ipod.

What are you? Steve jobs? We don't care.

Don't make this fucking arguement. EVERYONE has one, and it offers the best experience possible. If they sucked, people wouldn't buy them.

In Korea, Products not made by Korean Companies don't sell well. Koreans don't appear to care about user experience much.

Used one for 5 minutes, promptly laughed my way away.

You appear to be making a lifestyle out of bashing apple products. You are beyond help, you will always have this absurd and utterly wrong opinion. Carry on.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Your posts make me laugh. Honestly, you're not getting it. So, since you're not getting the facts, why bother? Apple makes good softwares, and I even used to use the macs. They're good for business, movies, etc. However, I don't feel the same with the Ipods.

So, I don't give you fuck about you're little stupid opinions, because I don't care. You're just like any other Apple fanboys I've encountered, and there's one thing similar about all of them. They're ignorant down to their core.

You've probably used something like MPIO, which is a shit company, but you're posts are so hilarious, I think you made me pee a little.
Have fun sleeping with Steve Job, and good night.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

DrKupo

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Your posts make me laugh. Honestly, you're not getting it. So, since you're not getting the facts, why bother? Apple makes good softwares, and I even used to use the macs. They're good for business, movies, etc. However, I don't feel the same with the Ipods.

So, I don't give you fuck about you're little stupid opinions, because I don't care. You're just like any other Apple fanboys I've encountered, and there's one thing similar about all of them. They're ignorant down to their core.

You've probably used something like MPIO, which is a shit company, but you're posts are so hilarious, I think you made me pee a little.

There are no facts in your posts. Apple makes good software (not softwares. The Ipod offers an amazing experience that no company has been able to replicate.

I used creative products, archos branded devices, and a couple other devices before I bought an Ipod.

Have fun with whatever hunk of junk you use to listen to music.

I'm going to sync my iPhone and go to sleep.

Posts merged

QUOTE(ojsinnerz @ Jul 27 2008, 10:18 PM) [url=http://www.engadget.com/2005/08/10/apple-b...-player-market/]http://www.engadget.com/2005/08/10/apple-b...-player-market/[/url]

"Apple barely a contender in South Korean MP3 player market"

Old post is old, but it's still the same as it ever was. So, take your fucking fanboyism elsewhere.

"Maybe Koreans really like to buy homegrown. Korea is also one of the few markets where a native word processor has beaten out MS Word."

If that doesn't explain it to you I can't help you.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DrKupo said:
ojsinnerz said:

There are no facts in your posts. Apple makes good software (not softwares. The Ipod offers an amazing experience that no company has been able to replicate.

I used creative products, archos branded devices, and a couple other devices before I bought an Ipod.

Posts merged

QUOTE(ojsinnerz @ Jul 27 2008, 10:18 PM) [url=http://www.engadget.com/2005/08/10/apple-b...-player-market/]http://www.engadget.com/2005/08/10/apple-b...-player-market/[/url]

Old post is old, but it's still the same as it ever was. So, take your fucking fanboyism elsewhere.

"Maybe Koreans really like to buy homegrown. Korea is also one of the few markets where a native word processor has beaten out MS Word."

Creative: It was once a good brand, now it's completely horrible. All their new Mp3s are trendy based, so they're not putting in as much effort as they did before.
Archos? Why would you even use a PMP for music?

Also, let me guess. You probably listen to tracks at 128 kbps?

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know ojsinnerz, the ipod's sound quality is not shit. a good number of audiophiles use them. granted, they are also using them with an amp. if you look around head-fi (which i assume you do since you said you did a great deal of research on headphones), you would know. most would agree that it has a flat sound, which is good, but slightly lacking in the bass department.

DrKupo

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
DrKupo said:
ojsinnerz said:

Posts merged

Creative: It was once a good brand, now it's completely horrible.
Archos? Complete shit nowadays.

Also, let me guess. You probably listen to tracks at 128 kbps? HAHAHAHA have fun with that shitty quality.

Keep in mind this was around the time the mini came out.

Apple lossless actually. You are trying oh so hard to appear to be superior to me in some way, but in the end I own the headphones you want, own the device you secretly want, and is not a rabid, insane fanboy of any company nor against any company in a similar way, which makes me...normal. Unlike you.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Enter260 said:
you know ojsinnerz, the ipod's sound quality is not shit. a good number of audiophiles use them. granted, they are also using them with an amp. if you look around head-fi (which i assume you do since you said you did a great deal of research on headphones), you would know. most would agree that it has a flat sound, which is good, but slightly lacking in the bass department.

You can get better sound quality for the price.... Also, the D2 has a 74 mW of output, thus doesn't need much of an amp, although it does have it's bass roll off with higher phones.

Also, I'm a member of Head-fi as well.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DrKupo said:
ojsinnerz said:
DrKupo said:
ojsinnerz said:

Posts merged

Creative: It was once a good brand, now it's completely horrible.
Archos? Complete shit nowadays.

Also, let me guess. You probably listen to tracks at 128 kbps? HAHAHAHA have fun with that shitty quality.

Keep in mind this was around the time the mini came out.

Apple lossless actually. You are trying oh so hard to appear to be superior to me in some way, but in the end I own the headphones you want, own the device you secretly want, and is not a rabid, insane fanboy of any company nor against any company in a similar way, which makes me...normal. Unlike you.

Sigh.... You're not getting it. It's the same as ever in Korea. If you could read Korean, I wish you could see it, but you can't.

As for the Shure, not really. I'm much more interested in the Sleek Audio SA6 at the moment. Also, don't look at the Cnet's review, because it's outdated.

I'm the fucking fanboy? You're the fucking fanboy. You're claiming every piece of MP3 in the world is a piece of shit, and I'm just saying that the Ipods are very overrated.WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKING IGNORANT? Honestly. You're calling everything a piece of shit, and saying THAT I'M THE FANBOY? Your posts are hilarious. You're pretty much saying Apple is flawless in every single way possible. Well, it's flawed, so go *#$& youself.

Yea, you listen to Apple lossless, go have so much fun with that.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1216894725789za3.jpg

DrKupo

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am not saying it was ever different. Koreans want Korea made stuff, and they buy that. Always has been this way.

You wish you had $500 to spend on headphones.

I am not saying they are "shit". They are not as good. The iPods are not over rated. They are loved by their users because they are amazing. The number of things they do right is incredible, and the mistakes have all been fixed. The current models are damn near perfect. Apple is not flawless. The ipod, however, is at nearly flawless at this point.

Also, I am not ignorant.

Apple Lossless is the same as all other lossless audio. However, the Ipod does not accept FLAC. My only complaint.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DrKupo said:
I am not saying it was ever different. Koreans want Korea made stuff, and they buy that. Always has been this way.

You wish you had $500 to spend on headphones.

I am not saying they are "shit". They are not as good. The iPods are not over rated. They are loved by their users because they are amazing. The number of things they do right is incredible, and the mistakes have all been fixed. The current models are damn near perfect. Apple is not flawless. The ipod, however, is at nearly flawless at this point.

Also, I am not ignorant.

Apple Lossless is the same as all other lossless audio. However, the Ipod does not accept FLAC. My only complaint.

"The fuze has no style. The entire experience of using it sucks.

Your mp3 player is cheap because RND didn't cost as much. The UI was slapt together, it uses off-shelf components, etc."

"
Have fun with whatever hunk of junk you use to listen to music."

Not calling it shit? Right.....

Anyway, since you brought this up, (I am not saying it was ever different. Koreans want Korea made stuff, and they buy that. Always has been this way.)

Lets just say North Americans love what's made in North America, and Korea likes what's made in Korea.

This battle is getting nowhere, because I have no intentions of losing, and neither do you.

If you don't mind that, then I'll stop. If you still want to continue, fine by me.

Linear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Why so serious?

come on, this thread went from a simple question to a war, is it really that important if your opinion is different from other peoples?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill