Need an MP3 Player

ackers

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's my bday tomorrow and have some £££ to spend! I really want an MP3 Player as I just love music so can anyone recommend me one? I have the iPod Shuffle in mind as they are soo small and portable.

Has to be at least 1gb and with good sound quality (if it comes with good earphones then that's a plus!). Oh yeah, willing to spend up to £50.

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
USE ur ds lolz
tongue.gif
perhaps an ipod classic?

Baroque Obama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can find a sansa clip in Europe, then get one. It's actually got a screen and unlike the new shuffle (not the 1g one), it doesn't hiss with sensetive IEM's.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Creative is now a crap company.... Even urza said this. THEIR NEW PRODUCTS ARE nothing but trendy shit. Really. The original Zen was terrible, with huge number of bugs, and white screens of deaths, with lack of any updates. The Zen itself felt like it was made of cheap plastic, but it was fairly durable. The new Zen X-fi is just the original Zen, with a useless "wifi" that's only used for creative's chat service, and nothing more. It also has 9 buttons, just for navagating. A separate button for hold, turning off, and etc. The chat is actually really annoying, because you have to make an account on their own site, and The sound quality is good, at least, however, I'd really not get any Creative products now, if I were you. I'd rather go with a Cowon product (But their products are very expensive, compared to others.), or a Sansa.

Get a sansa clip. It's the size of a Shuffle, but has a screen, an Ogg support, great sound quality (Get yourself some good phones though. Doesn't require any amps, because it sounds great. Really cheap too. Better sounding than shit sounding Ipods.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend a Sansa Clip or anything Archos if you'd like something bigger. Anything but iPod or Creative (which is a damn shame considering how great Creative was before). I suppose Creative is the lesser of two evils, but Sansa would be a good buy if you are looking for something small and functional.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DrKupo said:
In all honestly, nothing measures to the build quality of the iPods. They are popular for a number of reasons, quality being just one of them.

Too bad ipods are overrated to fuck, thanks to some of the stupidest fanboys around. Iphones are ok, imo.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ojsinnerz said:
DrKupo said:
In all honestly, nothing measures to the build quality of the iPods. They are popular for a number of reasons, quality being just one of them.

Too bad ipods are overrated to fuck, thanks to some of the stupidest fanboys around. Iphones are ok, imo.

ipods arent that great. It is overrated. I have a different mp3 player and its batteries last longer than ipods. Ive also had it for a while now, and compared to my cousins ipod, it lasts long because hers broke a while back.

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ENDscape said:
ojsinnerz said:
DrKupo said:

ipods arent that great. It is overrated. I have a different mp3 player and its batteries last longer than ipods. Ive also had it for a while now, and compared to my cousins ipod, it lasts long because hers broke a while back.

Respectfully, I disagree. Nothing compares to the Ipod's UI, the build quality, and the over-all user experience.

Baroque Obama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ENDscape said:
ojsinnerz said:
DrKupo said:

really? longer than 40 hours on the classic?

DrKupo

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Baroque Obama said:
ENDscape said:
ojsinnerz said:
DrKupo said:

He is probably comparing battery life to the Ipod Touch, or perhaps one of the old minis.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DrKupo said:
ENDscape said:
ojsinnerz said:
DrKupo said:

Respectfully, I disagree. Nothing compares to the Ipod's UI, the build quality, and the over-all user experience.
And the mandatory iTunes.

If you don't need a huge capacity, I'd get this.

http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?mai...;products_id=17

One of the top audiophile portable players, if you're into that. Also highly customizable.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ENDscape said:
ojsinnerz said:
DrKupo said:

Exactly what I wanted to say. They're horribly overrated. Almost all my friends have an ipod, and 3 out of 5 all said " The ipods have an amazing sound quality, and are so great! It's probably the best Mp3 around. Only idiots will buy anything else."

The thing is it's not. The sound is sub-par, and it's horribly overpriced. I can get a Cowon D2, 8 gig, for the same price as the 8 gig Ipod nano. And guess what? The Cowon D2 has 52 hours of battery life, a 2.5 inch touchscreen, great sound quality (Has a bit of a bass roll-off with higher IEMs, and phones, but still better than an ipod, that has nothing in the sound. Just flat out sound. Boring, and average.) along with a few tactile controls, a flash player, dictionary, and FIRMWARES. What does the ipod nano have that the Cowon D2 doesn't? A few games you have to pay for.

And, when my friends say that it's so great, I correct them, saying that it's not, and they're horribly flawed, seeing they're using fucking stock earbus that came with the ipod. My friend bought a bose, and these guys think it's the best sound quality in the world. I say you can get way better sound for that price, and they say "No it's not! You're wrong! it sounds unbelievably good!" THEY'VE BEEN USING FUCKING IPOD EARBUDS, AND THEY THINK THEY KNOW MORE THAN I DO? I'VE BEEN LOOKING AT GRADOS, KOSS PORTA PROS, SENNHEISERS, SHURE, UE, and loads of other shit, and they think they know more than me? I spent more money than them on finding good phones, and they're saying complete bullshit, and coming up with the lamest fucking reasons you'll ever hear.

Back on topic, ipod is nothing more than a horribly overrated mp3 player. Sure it has a pretty good build, but so many of its users are so horribly ignorant. If they actually gave better players a try, they wouldn't say that. BUT NO, THEY THINK IPODS ARE THE BEST, AND THEY CAN'T BE BEATEN, JUST BECAUSE THEY THINK SO.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Baroque Obama said:
ENDscape said:
ojsinnerz said:
DrKupo said:

Cowon D2: 52 hours of battery. CNet tests 53 hours in their CNET labs.
Cowon Iaudio 7: 60 hours. 56 hours.

Sorry for double posting, but I'm angry at those recommending the ipod over other players.

DrKupo

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
ENDscape said:
ojsinnerz said:
DrKupo said:

blah blah blah

Words do not describe how wrong you are. You pay more for style, for quality, for support, for the knowledge that your money doesn't go to china. Apple spent time making a UI, and btw, my iphone drives my ultra-expensive shure earbuds well, resulting in high quality sound.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Cowon D2: 52 hours of battery. CNet tests 53 hours in their CNET labs.
Cowon Iaudio 7: 60 hours. 56 hours.
Those two are usually the ones I hear recommended besides the usual iPod...

I also heard the iRiver(Unsure of model) is good.

But I can't really give my opinion because the only mp3 player I own is one of those cheapy Zen Nano Plus things(and my DS).

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DrKupo said:
ojsinnerz said:
ENDscape said:
ojsinnerz said:
DrKupo said:

blah blah blah

Words do not describe how wrong you are. You pay more for style, for quality, for support, for the knowledge that your money doesn't go to china. Apple spent time making a UI, and btw, my iphone drives my ultra-expensive shure earbuds well, resulting in high quality sound.
Gee it sure is trolling around here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo