ROM Hack Question Need advice modifying a switch only for save editors

Danni101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya, I'm going to buy a new switch and I want to use it with as minimal mods as possible, the only reason I want to mod it is to edit saves. I understand that even that has its risks but I need help understanding what I should or shouldn't do. I don't plan on buying any online games or buying the online subscription. I would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction and give me some advice on this to help me be as safe as possible.

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hiya, I'm going to buy a new switch and I want to use it with as minimal mods as possible, the only reason I want to mod it is to edit saves. I understand that even that has its risks but I need help understanding what I should or shouldn't do. I don't plan on buying any online games or buying the online subscription. I would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction and give me some advice on this to help me be as safe as possible.
There isnt much to say if you dont think going online, just keep it offline, and should be safe.
Just dont use illegal copies of the games

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is always a risk of getting banned when you hack the console. If you value hacking more than online play, then feel free to do so.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Pook and Pie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the method I've been using, posted by Kimbra:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/edit-of...up-restoring-via-fusee-gelee-payloads.541081/

Use the first post here to set everything up, then after doing this once and being comfortable with it, I recommend doing what's listed in this post here by Ikithme:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/edit-of...see-gelee-payloads.541081/page-2#post-8681644

Basically, *after* setting everything up and having your backups, I use TegraRCM to put the Switch into RCM, then use hacdiskmount to load the Switch's user partition as a drive. Then I grab the file of the save I want to edit (which, I don't know a good way to keep track of all of them other than using the presumed dates in which I started the games lol), extract it with the .bat I made using hactoolnet, edit the files, inject, replace on the Switch, unmount in hacdiskmount and move on.

This lets me avoid using things like Checkpoint or booting into custom firmware. Is it safer? I dunno. I've been doing this for a couple years but I can't guarantee you it's safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol