Edit OFW clean Switch save data from NAND backup/restoring via Fusee Gelee payloads

kimbra Jun 17, 2019.

1. MushroomGod

MushroomGod Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United States
    Chicago
    ikithme, I did. I'll try again tonight and post whatever happens.

2. ikithme

ikithme GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2015
    United States
    Hm were your prod.keys in the same folder as hactoolnet? If so I'm really not sure past checking those things.

3. MushroomGod

MushroomGod Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United States
    Chicago
    They were, yes.

4. ikithme

ikithme GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2015
    United States

Hey Kimbra,

One thing I just noticed is you're relying on a NAND backup when you can just use HacDiskMount to mount the physical devices user partition, it will cut most of the work out of this as when mounted you can read and write so no need to wait for NAND backup and restore every edit. (You can mount your devices NAND partitions in RCM under the tools tab of TegraRCMSmashGUI).

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Thanks.

Last edited by ikithme, Jun 18, 2019
    kimbra likes this.
  5. kimbra
    OP

kimbra Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2019
    United States
    United States
    No way. You’re saying that Hactool can mount the User Partition AND make it editable right off the console’s direct NAND??

6. ikithme

ikithme GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2015
    United States
    Ick my bad, not hactool but HakDiskMount can mount the partition and read/write to the partition, instead of having to backup the nand, mount it, etc you can just mount the user partition on the device.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Basically open TegraRCMGUI under tools theres a "Memloader v3/UMS Tool (by rajkosto)" if you drop down the box and hit "eMMC rawNAND (DANGEROUS)" and click the USB icon it will allow mounting the devices partitions on your PC, all you need to do at that point is open HacDiskMount and click "File > Open Physical Device" and select the device that's something like "Linux UMS", it will present you with a list of partitions and yeah normal procedures from there, make sure to unmount when you're done moving stuff around and boom, no need for nand backup.

kimbra likes this.
  7. kimbra
    OP

kimbra Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2019
    United States
    United States
    This is incredible. What are the dangers of this method since TegraRcmGUI feels the need to scare people away from mounting the NAND?

8. ikithme

ikithme GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2015
    United States
    The dangers are people accidentally wiping out files etc, basically since this isn't a backup and it's editing the actual NAND if something gets screwed its done.

I'd make a backup before editing saves like this just in case but once a backup is made if something gets screwed up you can restore it.

cots likes this.
  9. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2002
    United States
    While this is correct, I would still highly recommend editing and restoring the nand backup rather than mounting the nand as there is more risk of corrupting the nand mounting directly.

And I wouldn’t say it removes “most of the work”, it literally only removes the restoring nand part, which is a walk away and leave thing so all it does is save some time. You 100% should be making a backup of your untouched nand to your PC regardless.

ikithme likes this.
  10. ikithme

ikithme GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2015
    United States
    Hm if it is possible to corrupt your NAND using this method yes its a bit more risky.

Along the lines of saving time, it really depends on how many times you intend to edit your save, with something like Zelda I can see once or twice being fitting, but with a game like Pokemon you could be editing a lot of times meaning turning a 5-10 minute job in to 1-2 hours.

Anyway, there is a reason it says its dangerous, and all in all it does save time if you're willing to take the risk. Having a backup of your NAND is a must no matter what though.

11. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    If you only meddle in the user partition, no greater danger will come than having a few user settings corrupted.

Backup the partition before changing it, and restore it if needed (ie games corrupted, saves borked, etc)

Leave the other partitions alone and you should be fine.

12. MushroomGod

MushroomGod Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United States
    Chicago
    After trying again last night. When I extract, CMAC Signature (Fail).

13. ikithme

ikithme GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2015
    United States
    CMAC sig fail on extract is fine, if it doesn't sign after you edit the save, that's when you have a problem.

14. MushroomGod

MushroomGod Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United States
    Chicago
    I mean that is the problem I'm having. I'm just trying to figure out why.

15. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2002
    United States
    Can you provide a screenshot of your folder structure and what it shows in cmd prompt?

16. MushroomGod

MushroomGod Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United States
    Chicago
    Sure, I'll do it when I get home tonight. I re-pulled prod.keys again, 77 keys, failed package2. I don't know if that makes a difference. Firmware 8.0.1.

17. ikithme

ikithme GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2015
    United States
    When pulling the keys do you have the sept/ folder and appropriate files within when you run lockpick_rcm?

Last edited by ikithme, Jun 19, 2019
    kimbra likes this.
  18. MushroomGod

MushroomGod Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United States
    Chicago
    I don't, this might be it! Thank you, I will try again tonight!

19. MushroomGod

MushroomGod Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United States
    Chicago
    It worked! Thank you to everyone for the help! Kimbra you rock, this makes editing saves on a "clean" switch a breeze.

TyoLoki likes this.
  20. ikithme

ikithme GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2015
    United States
    Great to hear!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted