Hacking Need a little insight..

Graffix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I recently decided to buy a NDS and came across this little device called the "R4". I just need a few questions cleared up.

First, I read through these forums and have come to the conclusion on purchasing a Kingston MicroSD card, I don't have an SD reader though. If I were to purchase this:
http://www.gameyeeeah.com/r4-ds-r4ds-kings...card-p-718.html

Would that include the reader? Because it isn't listed, and the reason I'm confused is because of this product here:
http://www.gameyeeeah.com/r4-ds-revolution...pter-p-190.html
I really don't want to have to buy any extra hardware, I kind of like the idea of it coming all in one package.

I assumed that it comes included regardless, just want to get that confirmed. Also, would the CD be necessary? Does it contain any needed programs or the like? Because my CD drive is crapped out and I wouldn't be able to install any necessary programs/files included on said disc.

Lastly, are these kinds of MicroSD cards (Kingston) available at any retail store? (Wolf's Camera, Radio Shack, etc..) I'm not a big online shopper and I would prefer being able to pick it up instantly rather than waiting.

Thanks ahead of time and Merry Christmas!

Also, a pre-emptive "Sorry" If these questions have been answered before, there's alot of pages and it's hard to sift through.

horsegon1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the cd is not needed jusy go to the r4 site and download the files. Radioshack has the micro sds but i suggest u get them at amazon its like a 2 gb for 14 dollars they rock! Gameyeeeah is good but make sure you have paypal! The r4 ds comes with a micro sd reader so dont worry. i think that awnsered ur questions l8r (check out my sig!)

Graffix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok yeah, I just checked out Gameyeeeah but I don't have a paypal account, bummer. Can you use Visa giftcards with paypal? I kind of relish the thought of using my Amex considering I owe them a good $800 this month.

horsegon1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no since their server crash they are currently not accepting credit cards or gift card bummer but u can get them at dealextreme.com if u want i think they have some but DO NOT got to ps2cover.com NEVER!!!! (check out my siggy)

Graffix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does the one I linked to come with the SD reader? Doesn't have it listed but I figured that it comes included.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So does the one I linked to come with the SD reader? Doesn't have it listed but I figured that it comes included.

Yes of course. It comes with the adapter to link it to your PC.
I suggest not clicking Horsegon's sig, he's trying to make you do his dirty work.
biggrin.gif

~Nero

Graffix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ I wish you posted earlier spoon, just went ahead and did it with paypal. Oh well, hopefully I'll be able to find a NDS now, because according to gamestop's websites they're all sold out, lol.

horsegon1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol dont listen to nero lolz CLICK
rofl2.gif
jk if u dont whant to u dont just sayin u can get free stuff but hey i heard they have ds's at best buy

Graffix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, just got myself a new Onyx DSLite, now just gotta be patient and wait for my R4 to arrive. Hopefully it'll all go smoothly and I won't need to make a new topic asking for help, lol. The only thing I fear is my USB drive will give me some flak and the card reader will not work properly. I read a topic here, where the person was saying he couldn't get his USB to recognize the reader correctly; kept asking him for drivers. Hopefully this won't be the case in my situation, I just want to play Castlevania really, possibly Mario 64.

Actually, I should be more worried about actually receiving my order on time considering I ordered on Christmas day. Just gotta be patient I guess, something I have none of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots