kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anyway, it wasn't a problem on XP but now that I'm 7 it seems to have broken the context menu for the text/codepages.
Instead of seeing things like "UTF-8 (Unicode)" and "Shift-JIS (Japanese)"...instead, I get this:

oopsi.png

Pretty simple question; is there any way to fix that and make the names appear for each codepage?
I have a feeling FAST might be able to answer this one, lol

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have been using it without that ever since I been using CT2
Didn't even know it could be viewed that way...
I ususally just end up slowly looking through each one til the proper one is found or going the round about way of opening what I know is a text file in emeditor looking up in emeditor the character codevalue then using that to look up the table file and code page. not really that much trouble...
I know this doesn't answer your question but if you don't get one it will help.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First are you using the last "free" version or a more current one you have to register?

That looks like either the windows 7 APIs changed and broke it or crystaltile2 did not use it correctly in the first place and windows 7 "fixed" a bug (or both).

Afraid I have no idea here beyond perhaps trying the compatibility layer of 7 (assuming it has changed maybe even a kludge like making a system32 folder and sticking said DLL file in there or possibly in the same directory as crystaltile2) or just suffering and using http://www.science.co.il/language/Locale-C....asp?s=codepage , http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd...28VS.85%29.aspx or something like it. For what it is worth the top on is usually default/ASCII, 932 is shiftJIS and EUC-JP is 20932, aside from varying flavours of unicode which often do not show courtesy of the unaligned nature of roms (8 bit alignment rather than 16- something that can also trouble some basic SHIFTJIS decoders) those are the big ones in roms. Other than that you will probably be using a table.

I will ask though does it matter if you remove the translation file (the one in the same directory with a name the same as the codepage your machine uses- hopefully you have Chinese support but it should not matter if not). If it works in Chinese you might have a chance of sorting something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1