Hacking Need a diagnosis after A9lh install

15cent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

i have an eur new 3ds xl which ran on menuhax with luma emunand. i followed the https://plailect.github.io/Guide/ to install a9lh, put all the files where it said and reached the actual safe9hinstaller step. this did not work right away, i had to find the stage1.bin and stage2.bin files to actually install the hack (the tool said so), after i did, the hack finished successfully.

Now menuhax is still on and
* if i just power it up i get a black screen
* If i hold L it boots to my emunand
* if i hold select it boots to homebrew channel

Where did i go wrong and what do i have to do to fix things. I want to move my emunand to sysnand and be done with it.

15cent

15cent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Some additional Info:
Booting up with Start pressed launches Hourglass9
Here's the System Info:
xiGdxhv.png

Hax is installed, do i need to remove menuhax manually or rather format sd and restore emunand to sysnand(feels risky at the moment)?
Also, since select at boot doesn't launch luma config, do i have the wrong boot.3dsx in my root folder?
03hzg

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some additional Info:
Booting up with Start pressed launches Hourglass9
Here's the System Info:
xiGdxhv.png

Hax is installed, do i need to remove menuhax manually or rather format sd and restore emunand to sysnand(feels risky at the moment)?
Also, since select at boot doesn't launch luma config, do i have the wrong boot.3dsx in my root folder?
03hzg
Flash your EmuNAND to your sysNAND, there is litteraly no risks once you have A9LH. Just make a backup of your sysNAND before.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
worked out well, thx for the encouragement!
For anyone else who happens on this post looking for answers as to why menuhax is still installed after setting up A9LH.

OP didn't follow the guide fully. They missed the final step of the prep work section, which removes menuhax.

Clear Home Menu’s extdata by navigating to the following folder on your SD card: /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/
    • EUR Region: Delete 00000098
    • JPN Region: Delete 00000082
    • USA Region: Delete 0000008f
    • CHN Region: Delete 000000A1
    • KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
    • TWN Region: Delete 000000B1

Reactions: Quantumcat
D

Deleted User

Well that's why you don't use A9lh on top of menuhax.If you can access the homebrew launcher try uninstalling it. (Menuhax not a9lh)

Last edited by ,

15cent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for bringing some light into this. i had no idea menuhax would go if i got rid of the exdata, i never really did anything on sysnand so i figured my home menu was clean anyway and left it the way it was. after restoring emunand to sysnand, menuhax was gone, since my nnid changed i guess.
But still, since my homebrew launcher loader doesn't work, maybe it did leave me with some problems...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_