Hacking Need a compiled HBC open-source vWii channel

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does it replace the old one? I already have the homebrew launcher installed, if this doesn't overwrite it then can I safely delete the older one?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Does it replace the old one? I already have the homebrew launcher installed, if this doesn't overwrite it then can I safely delete the older one?
It doesn't replace the old HBC. Also, you need to keep the old HBC on your vWii, because the new forwarder channel requires the old HBC to work. You can install the new HBC forwarder without replacing the old one, because the new forwarder uses a different title ID. Just don't delete the old HBC.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't replace the old HBC. Also, you need to keep the old HBC on your vWii, because the new forwarder channel requires the old HBC to work. You can install the new HBC forwarder without replacing the old one, because the new forwarder uses a different title ID. Just don't delete the old HBC.
Are you sure it's a forwarder? I already have a forwarder 16:9 on my vwii that nothing new, I thought this was supposed to be the actual homebrew channel just in 16:9 no forwarder

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Are you sure it's a forwarder? I already have a forwarder 16:9 on my vwii that nothing new, I thought this was supposed to be the actual homebrew channel just in 16:9 no forwarder
It is a forwarder, which exactly looks like the old HBC. Since it doesn't have any custom color, you should have more difficulty telling them apart though.

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a forwarder, which exactly looks like the old HBC.

You can delete the old HBC and still use the new compiled one perfectly fine

The new title ID doesn't mean anything. The title ID was what was broken and caused the 4:3 ratio. It isn't a forwarder, but you'll need a WAD manager to install it, which mean you'll need an exploitable game or system menu.

LeafAce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please tell me how to compile this, I get errors. The README tells me to make wiipax and then make the channel (make meaning compile using instructions from the makefile) When compiling wiipax, I get this error:

"/bin/sh: gcc: command not found
make[1]: *** [LzFind.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/taimu/Desktop/hbc-master/wiipa...
"make": *** [all] Error 2"

The Readme also says "You'll need the Wii common key installed as ~/.wii/common-key."

HOW DO I DO THAT AND WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!!!

Oh, and by the way, I'm a noob so don't start yelling something like 'YOU"RE A F*CKING IDIOT!' because it won't answer my question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup