Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
jj-kwik said:
VashTS said:
any chance of being able to implement a download covers feature? that would rock and i would gladly help to upload some resized covers.

Me too...
I have 800 covers for snes and 700(ish) for nes. all properly resized.
I even have 700(ish) 3d snes covers that work with this emulator.

So, if he needs them for the official .dol let me know.
yea, these wouldn't be in the dol (for reasons stated above), but he may want to include them in a downloadable "covers" package which can be saved on the sd card or usb HDD... this is probably what u meant anyways... but I thought I'd mention it just to clarify

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xander150 said:
jj-kwik said:
Yeah, I'm sure he'll include hundreds of covers into the doll, making it a few megabytes big and wasting all of the Wii's RAM.

Are we saving that precious RAM for something else?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
jj-kwik said:
VashTS said:
any chance of being able to implement a download covers feature? that would rock and i would gladly help to upload some resized covers.

Me too...
I have 800 covers for snes and 700(ish) for nes. all properly resized.
I even have 700(ish) 3d snes covers that work with this emulator.

So, if he needs them for the official .dol let me know. (As dl content or something)

just curious, what do you mean by "3D" covers ?

xander150

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tantric said:
xander150 said:
jj-kwik said:
Yeah, I'm sure he'll include hundreds of covers into the doll, making it a few megabytes big and wasting all of the Wii's RAM.

My understanding was that a .dol is completly loaded into RAM. And also that every picture you put into the dol (like jj-kwik wrote) makes the dol bigger. So if you put 50MB of pictures into the dol HBC loads the whole 70MB into RAM, right? Your Emulator still has enough RAM to run and emulate? The "(As dl content or something)" was written after I made my post (edited at 11:43, my post was at 08:01). This is also clearly visible in my quote.
I don't know how much RAM your tools need, but I guess more than 10MB. Also the laoding time in HBC would be incredible as it even takes ages to load 3MB dols from an USB device.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Tantric said:
xander150 said:
jj-kwik said:
Now I'm confused... you (Tantric) obviously know more on this subject than the rest of us... are you implying there is enough RAM to save all these covers in a massive dol and still be able to run the emulator smoothly?

I would think cover loading would be the same as usb loaders, where they are read from a specific folder on the SD card or USB... having the covers embedded in the dol seems weird to me... especially because in order to add/change covers u would need to recompile the dol.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey jj-kwik i really like your 3d covers, it looks really good in the emulator. Are they close to the Hyperspin 3d boxart set?

I hope the official release of covers in the emu has the button in between settings/exit that switched between cover/text modes i really liked that
smile.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
@jj-kwik: this is good work, did you get in the trouble of editing all your covers or did you have some automatized script to do that ? I was thinking this could be easily handled with GX if we had some kind of "universal" box format (incl. front, back, etc) but' it seems incredibly hard to gather a quality & homogeneous collection of box scans (not even speaking about less popular format like GEN or TG16)

frednorm2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I've searched answer about a bug I encounter while using Snes9x GX cover mod but I didn't found anything.

I've put all my rom into the roms folder, however not all are showing. I can see only about 800 of them. This number is not static depending of the roms or the covers in my covers folder.

Am I the only one who's having this problem?

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
/.../ having the covers embedded in the dol seems weird to me... especially because in order to add/change covers u would need to recompile the dol.
I dont hope that will be the fact cause I have some custom games I made covers for that I wanna play
smile.gif

xander150

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jj-kwik said:
Man, I'm not hiding the fact that I edited my post! I edited the post because that's not what I meant. I was trying to make my post more understandable so other idiots, like yourself, wouldn't jump to that conclusion.
And since when do we attack people for trying to help.I didn't attack anybody, I just wrote a one-liner about a sentence from you that sounded unclear and because of this someone other cleared it up for other people, I know how coverloading works
tongue.gif

*snip*

Jacobeian said:
did you get in the trouble of editing all your covers or did you have some automatized script to do that ? I was thinking this could be easily handled with GX if we had some kind of "universal" box format (incl. front, back, etc)I'm sure he did it by hand and I think the ones for SNES in the Youtube video suck, the angle is bad, you see about nothing from the cover itself, it's more like "hey look, the covers are 3D, watch the unimportant sides of it because it looks 3D". See the 3D Wii covers, they are great, you can clearly see the cover but it's also a 3D effect (I don't remember who made the template? Neorame? I'm not sure but this person should be called if Tantric really wants premade 3D covers). This shouldn't be done before. Like you said, just use 2d images and make them "look 3d" in the emulator (GRRLIB for example has all needed routines and they could be taken from there if something like this is not in libwiigui).
XFlak said:
I would think cover loading would be the same as usb loaders, where they are read from a specific folder on the SD card or USB... having the covers embedded in the dol seems weird to me... especially because in order to add/change covers u would need to recompile the dol.
Sure it's like cover loading in USB Loaders. That's what Tantric ment, loading them from SD/HDD and displaying doesn't take much memory. I think he didn't get what I ment. The idea of putting them into the .dol was not my idea, it was by this stupid jj-kwik nerd (well, it was not, but he wrote it like this and so I was making fun of him and then he tried to start a flame war). I don't think anybody would be that stupid and put hundreds of covers into a .dol (maybe as a POC, but not serious).
QUOTE(12345 @ Apr 27 2010, 09:33 PM)
I dont hope that will be the fact cause I have some custom games I made covers for that I wanna play
smile.gif
Relax
smile.gif
This won't be the case. I was just making fun and some idiot took it to serious.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
xander150 said:
See the 3D Wii covers, they are great, you can clearly see the cover but it's also a 3D effect (I don't remember who made the template? Neorame? I'm not sure but this person should be called if Tantric really wants premade 3D covers). This shouldn't be done before. Like you said, just use 2d images and make them "look 3d" in the emulator (GRRLIB for example has all needed routines and they could be taken from there if something like this is not in libwiigui).
I'm sure it COULD be done (making 2D images appear 3D), but as all the current usb loaders currently use separate images for 2D and 3D covers, I have to assume there is a good reason for doing so.

Also, there is a VERY small program call stylebuilder, and some1 (I can't remember who) set up a custom template to turn 2D images into 3D images (with Wii Box Art). Wad2ISO should also be able to do this (it can transform images, without requiring a WAD). So basically anyone can take an image and easily transform it into 3D... but we would probably want to edit the template for each console before actually using it (so the NES covers don't get turned into a box with the word "Wii" on it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1