Hacking Can't get GameCube Games to appear on USB Loader GX

nobosu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm having trouble getting my Gamecube games to appear on my USB Loader GX, my Wii games appear just fine on there.

I'd like to start by saying that the Gamecube games do appear in Nintendont and play just fine. I would like to be able to view and launch them in USB Loader GX though because it'd be more convenient and looks better. I am new to this but I have been searching all over forums and youtube to find a solution but haven't found anything that works. From what I've gathered the file name does need to be "game.iso" to appear in USB Loader GX, however I have it as "game.ciso" and haven't found a way to change it to an iso extension. I do have my pathing set as "drive:/game/gamename [game id]/game.ciso" I'd like to mention that I did try the Nkit.iso method of conversion but that did not work for me (couldn't even get that properly extracted). Also my only option to downloaded the game was as a ciso file, there's no option to download it as an iso.

Another thing I've tested out is the settings in USB Loader GX, changing the loader settings but as I've mentioned before, I believe the issue is the extension name.

If anyone knows what I could do, could you please help me out?

Last edited by nobosu,

nobosu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you enable gamecube games in the tab at the top of the screen? I think it might be disabled by default.
Yes, I have that box checked.
Post automatically merged:

I already have Wii Back Up Manager, I've been using it for my Wii game transfers. It hasn't worked for my Gamecube transfers.

It says "Adding files..." and does nothing after trying to add the Gamecube game file.

I ended up just renaming the files and testing it even though they changed entirely to a WinRAR archive extension, it surprisingly worked, still letting me play the Gamecube games as well as showing up in USB Loader GX. If anyone does know a better way I'd still love to hear but until then i'll be doing this.

Last edited by nobosu,

Xenosous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have that box checked.

I already have Wii Back Up Manager, I've been using it for my Wii game transfers. It hasn't worked for my Gamecube transfers.

It says "Adding files..." and does nothing after trying to add the Gamecube game file.

I ended up just renaming the files and testing it even though they changed entirely to a WinRAR archive extension, it surprisingly worked, still letting me play the Gamecube games as well as showing up in USB Loader GX. If anyone does know a better way I'd still love to hear but until then i'll be doing this.
I've been having the same issue. What did you rename the GameCube games to?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Check for correct game path, supported file-format and correct game ID. Or use a GC/Wii Backup Manager which also can copy them directly to correct path.
  • Verify your using the correct game title ID including correct region ID of the game. The fourth letter of a GC/Wii game ID e.g [SUXYA4] specifies if its "P" PAL, "E" USA, "J" Japan, "N" Japanese NTSC import or "X,Y,Z" alternate European languages.
  • Enable "display extension of known file type" on Windows to prevent double name of filetype e.g "game.iso".iso is wrong.

• Nintendont - GC Games (use GC Backup Manager):
    • File format: ISO (recommended), CISO, GCM,
    • The single or first disc must be named "game" (g + a + m + e, NOT titlename, NOT a folder)
    • File path: USB://games/Mario Kart Double Dash [GM4P01]/game.iso
    • Split files: 2nd game disc must be named "disc2.iso" and to be in same folder with game.iso:
      • /games/Tales of symphonia [GQSEAF]/game.iso
        /games/Tales of symphonia [GQSEAF]/disc2.iso

• Verify you are loading games from the correct partition for Gamecube :
    • Settings > custom path > Gamecube ("SD Gamecube" is for SD:/games on SDCard if used)
    • Set that folder to your USB:/games/ path. (You might have to change the path in case you have multiple partitions, or multiple drives, or use IOS58 instead of cIOS, or all unusual hdd/IOS setup).
    • Settings > Loader's settings > search of the Gamecube settings and roll the options for the path and their priority. Choose whether you want to see SD, USB, or both and which order.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...