Necessary changes to traditional GUI for touch screen devices.

Godamit

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, guys, this week on Thursday I have to do a short 5-10 minute presentation in front of the class and my topic is the topic title.

I have been brainstorming for the most part, however, would anybody by chance have resources which provide somewhat informative details on the subject, or have ideas to assist?

Google hasn't had very helpful results for me, so far my information is the result of brainstorming.

A couple of my ideas currently include larger interactive objects (making it easier to tap what you want) and on-screen keyboards due to the touch feature.

This isn't really worth too much, but I still need to do this presentation, so anything you may have in your mind (or effective resources) would really help.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You can't really brainstorm alone, it's missing the point
unsure.gif

My biggest problem with touch screens is that hypertext links are too small, and fingers are too imprecise. Imagine how tiny this is on a mobile device:

NzxML.jpg

Try poking any particular link with your finger (most "touch" devices nowadays don't use styluses). My stubbly digit covers at least four of them at once and there's no telling which one I'll hit.

A function that, when you press and hold on an area of screen, would bring up a list of all the links in the area, and let you choose which one you want to follow, would be great.

Does that count?

Godamit

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, the reason I was asking for some more help was to avoid an entirely brainstormed presentation
tongue.gif

Thanks for the suggestion, I thought about the link issue previously, but left it under "larger interactive objects", though I suppose spacing the links (for touch-screen devices) would be something valid I could include.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
What I had in mind was more like a pop-out list of links in the area of where you pressed (if there's more than one link there). Spacing the links could break the page formatting.

Godamit

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, spacing links is better suited when there are fewer of them (For a large amount of links, excessive spacing may lead to other problems regarding usage of the site). On a larger website (such as this) too much spacing between those links could lead to formatting issues as you say... Sorry for not clearing that up in my statement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021