NDSTool bug

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by deufeufeu, May 9, 2007.

May 9, 2007

NDSTool bug by deufeufeu at 5:56 PM (1,421 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. deufeufeu
    OP

Member deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Cote d'Ivoire
    I've inform people at #dsdev, but it seems that they don't care:
    So, to anyone wanting to fix it just add at line 160 of ndsextract.cpp the line "file_id--;"

If you want to see how it bugs, just use ndstool on rom 0921 : "Puzzle Series: Volume 10: Akari", extract everything, and rebuild it, and magic... the file is bigger and the game is crashing.
    Please someone skilled enough to compile some code and who runs windows, make a ndstool.exe with the patch.

OFF-TOPIC : When telling about the bug in #dsdev, I was bashed a lot by Stonecypher, saying it hates me and than I'm a ass, ect... So if someone other than me post the patch, maybe they could put it in. It's strange because a lot of people there are really nice, like sgstair for example...

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I would not worry at all about your experience: many homebrew authors seem categorically opposed to any mention of anything possibly "piracy" slanted. I also believe mr cypher is well known for such conduct (when the flamewar finally finished it was he who was apparently responsible for people leaving and creating #mellowdsdev), I would not read any into it.

Thanks for the quick fix, I am still using a very old version anyhow (pre secure area encryption) and most of the time any real hacks are done with a hex editor.

3. deufeufeu
    OP

Member deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Cote d'Ivoire

4. Flam9

Member Flam9 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    That's pretty gay. (stonecypher)
    Interesting bug though, good catch [​IMG]

5. Kenox

Newcomer Kenox Newbie

United States
    Sorry for posting in a half-year old topic, but could somebody compile ndstool with the fix?

I have no knowledge at all about programming or compiling files into a binary, so help would be appreciated.