• Views 2,342
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
I've inform people at #dsdev, but it seems that they don't care:
QUOTE said:
I'm not convinced ndstool should even have the feature being honest
deufeufeu, that'll be because you hang about with thieving scumbags maybe?
So, to anyone wanting to fix it just add at line 160 of ndsextract.cpp the line "file_id--;"

If you want to see how it bugs, just use ndstool on rom 0921 : "Puzzle Series: Volume 10: Akari", extract everything, and rebuild it, and magic... the file is bigger and the game is crashing.
Please someone skilled enough to compile some code and who runs windows, make a ndstool.exe with the patch.

OFF-TOPIC : When telling about the bug in #dsdev, I was bashed a lot by Stonecypher, saying it hates me and than I'm a ass, ect... So if someone other than me post the patch, maybe they could put it in. It's strange because a lot of people there are really nice, like sgstair for example...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would not worry at all about your experience: many homebrew authors seem categorically opposed to any mention of anything possibly "piracy" slanted. I also believe mr cypher is well known for such conduct (when the flamewar finally finished it was he who was apparently responsible for people leaving and creating #mellowdsdev), I would not read any into it.

Thanks for the quick fix, I am still using a very old version anyhow (pre secure area encryption) and most of the time any real hacks are done with a hex editor.

D

Deleted User

OP
I would not worry at all about your experience: many homebrew authors seem categorically opposed to any mention of anything possibly "piracy" slanted. I also believe mr cypher is well known for such conduct (when the flamewar finally finished it was he who was apparently responsible for people leaving and creating #mellowdsdev), I would not read any into it.

Thanks for the quick fix, I am still using a very old version anyhow (pre secure area encryption) and most of the time any real hacks are done with a hex editor.

Yes but it seems you use windows and is skilled, it could be cool for people not knowing how to do it to have a compiled version. I could reboot on windows, but it means closing emacs... I can't do it
smile.gif

For my tool, I've rewritten a nds extracter/packer, it is how I found the bug.
and Stonecypher is really aggresive, there's a difference between opposed to piracy and talking like this when I propose a patch (btw the last time I came to #dsdev was to get clue on the lzss alg in the ds bios, and sgstair helped be a lot, did I say before that sgstair is a nice guy ?) :
QUOTEMay 09 18:54:18  velusip: I'm not bitter. I just don't like deufeufeu
May 09 18:54:43 Â velusip: Every time he shows up he walks as close and as loudly to the warezing line as he can, then goes "omg i know exactly what every single one of you is thinking"
May 09 18:55:00 Â then he bangs the drum of his education, trying
to make himself look like something more useful than a game modder
May 09 18:55:11 Â finally he gets patronizing as hell
May 09 18:55:14 Â he hasn't gotten there yet
May 09 18:55:16 Â but he will
May 09 18:57:39 Â Â Actually I'm not patronizing anyone, I don't understand the hate
May 09 18:57:42 Â it's just when he sees something i'm saying that he doesn't agree with that he discovers the ability to condescend while saying "i'm not going to condescend"
May 09 18:58:00  deufeufeu: of course you don't. why should we hate people who rewrite our games and then give them away to other people who never paid for them in the first place?
May 09 18:58:18 Â deufeufeu: why, there's nothing wrong with you illegally and immorally misappropriating other people's work then redistributing it.
May 09 18:58:20 Â deufeufeu: ass.
May 09 18:58:35  deufeufeu: you know perfectly well what the hate is about. you even brought it up when you showed up.

Kenox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for posting in a half-year old topic, but could somebody compile ndstool with the fix?

I have no knowledge at all about programming or compiling files into a binary, so help would be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: I was gonna say that. lol +1