^^ndstitle-1403^^

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Dec 14, 2006.

Dec 14, 2006

^^ndstitle-1403^^ by shaunj66 at 9:13 AM (3,349 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    ^^ndsrelease-1403^^

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    hopefully this is gong to be good unlike lego star wars for the nds [​IMG] on 2nd thoughts just seen the graphics think i will wait till later to try i know for a fact its ging to be crap [​IMG]

3. chillyp

Newcomer chillyp Advanced Member

Australia
    This got a pretty poor review on IGN so I don't know if I'll even bother checking it out

4. Dreamersoy

Member Dreamersoy GBAtemp Regular

Spain
  5. Lacrimosa

Member Lacrimosa GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    VERY bad game IMHO... [​IMG]

It was like Lara Croft with lasers. [​IMG] I was expecting more from Lucas Arts.

(damn, it would be nice a "Full Throttle DS" [​IMG] )

6. sabinraijin

Member sabinraijin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Usually IGN reviews aren't worth the idiots that write them, but this time they're surprisingly right on the money. This game blows hard. LucasArts is a far cry from its glory days of Shadows of the Empire and Rogue Squadron. They could easily just port 'Shadows to DS and it would be one of the best games on the system, even being a port. Nope, they have to keep pumping out crap instead. Quality assurance has gone way down in many game companies, in recent times.

7. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Sweden
    I would've prefered if it was the other way around with the gameplay... you play like the robot but in 3rd person mode to solve mini puzzles and hide around and instead have the girl on fps mode to kill etc.

When I finally became the robot and it switched to fps mode, I became really happy thinking I was just about to kill some people with the fps mode... but no josé...

8. your name here

Newcomer your name here Member

Canada
    I've been playing since last night. Does anyone else have issues with the camera jumping around while in first person? And why the hell is there no shooting in first person? The shooting is just tapping one button over and over until all the enemies are dead.

9. halljames

Member halljames GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've had a quick play of this, and firstly, the graphics are not as bad as people make out. It looks like the star wars universe.

Gameplay wise, it is a bit bland and easy, but I think I will enjoy playing through till the end as it is simply a no brainer. A little bit of fun I would say.

10. Gnat

Newcomer Gnat Advanced Member

Belgium
    nice bust but what's the deal with that flying toilet on the cover?

11. GodMedia

Newcomer GodMedia Member

United States
    I spent a couple of hours on this last night and I have to say that it's a real disappointment.

I am a huge Star Wars fan, have been since the first movie came out in 1977, and I was really hoping for a good experience here.

The camera is unpredictable and imprecise. The character is also imprecise to control. The lock-on-target feature makes shooting enemies a brainless exercise in button-mashing. This is helpful, though, since it would probably be too difficult to try and aim at enemies without it (the laser cannon mount scene comes to mind).

The gameplay is extremely linear and you really just have to keep moving forward and you'll automatically get to each place you need to be. This is also helpful as the graphics had me disoriented about where I was and there was no easy way to discern what I was supposed to be heading towards.

Finally, the choice of Rianna as the main character was unfortunate. While she may have appeal in the expanded universe, core movie characters would have broader appeal for the average gamer. I know that I, personally, would have much preferred Boba or Jango Fett in the story.

I'm not sure that I will finish playing this one. It's just not Star Wars enough for me.

12. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Very dull game, feels like a old boring playstation game.

13. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    No thanks, I'll stick to Lego StarWars 2

14. MrSpam

Newcomer MrSpam Member

United States
    I would LOVE Shadows of the Empire or Rogue Squadron on the DS...=(

15. imgod22222

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    [​IMG] Wouldn't it be more cost-efficient for lucas arts to just clean out sewers and box the crap instead of pumping it out all over the place? First they'd have to INVENT a crap pumper...

16. Da-Huntha

Newcomer Da-Huntha Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Crap pumpers exist, I can assure you...