grog.gif
yaynds.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The game's a good dungeon crawler apart from the slightly frustrating controls. Both the scenario and music were done by the developers of Chrono Trigger so they're really good although the storyline's really shallow. Graphics look great too for the DS.

http://www.atlus.com/deeplaby/

I see they dubbed the opening movie and added in the mobile phone version of the game as a "second chapter". The original Japanese version of the game didn't have that. Maybe I'll go play through that
biggrin.gif

http://www.ibrains.co.jp/mobile/deeplabyrinth/

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
somehow many ds-games feel cell-phonish
wink.gif
i don't think so too. cell phones tend to not have a stylus at all not even thinking about touch screen. to me good DS games play anything else than a cell phone game ( which are most of the time 1-thumb games ).

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Man I thought this one would be great since people who did CT worked on this.. Too bad.
frown.gif

Only CT person involved was the music composer. Guess he needed the cash, or the devs knew it would make the poor game attract more gamers.
What do you expect from something originally intended to be played on a cell phone, then hastily ported to the DS...

j_mcc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man I thought this one would be great since people who did CT worked on this.. Too bad.
frown.gif

Only CT person involved was the music composer. Guess he needed the cash, or the devs knew it would make the poor game attract more gamers.
What do you expect from something originally intended to be played on a cell phone, then hastily ported to the DS...

Not true. Both Yasunori Mitsuda (CT music composer) and Masato Kato (CT story writer and more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masato_Kato) were key to this game. Why is everyone sh1tting on this game when they obviously HAVEN'T played it yet? Did you just read EGM's 6.5 or have you actually played through the first boring hour and gotten into the fun stuff?

ps: I'm not trying to be an ass... it just typed out that way.
wink.gif
I'm going to give DL a good go over the next week and form my own opinions... who knows... might be crap afterall...

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, the big thing for me is the magic system. It is.......well, it is crap. Not very accurate at all and it just feels like a waste so I end up just hacking away with my sword. also movement in the game still feels tied to its phone roots. clunky. It is not horrible, but will not be long remembered either.
yaynds.gif

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Why is everyone sh1tting on this game when they obviously HAVEN'T played it yet? Did you just read EGM's 6.5 or have you actually played through the first boring hour and gotten into the fun stuff?
guess what? yes. played it as far as i could without understanding one inch japanese so i know what i base my opinion upon
wink.gif

chava

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
chavads.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Has anyone played?

I'm in the second chapter (the one where you're a man, not that kid) and after the fight with the white "gargoyle" (that flying thing in the third or fourth stage), when I try to open the next door it keeps saying "Now Loading" and nothing happens... what can I do???

PS: I'm using Supercard SD

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Stuck at the colored squares on the ground, not sure what to do. There's also a locked door somewhere that requires a new spell, need that to go on.

3 hours into it thus far. It's really easy to get lost and backtrack for a while. Monsters are piss easy now.

Z

Zelion

I had to stop playing because of the controls. I found spell casting particularly frustrating.

Alot of potential here though. The sound's pretty good, and the graphics aren't ugly. Really too bad about the controls, Strafing would be nice.

Yeah, the controls are rather annoying, but I got used to them. The game forgives you for not being able to strafe, the enemies aren't too tough. Played for about 30 minutes now and I like it thus far.

Very linear so far, very linear. So linear, you only have 1 way to go...

Actually you can strafe. Tap left or right once, then hold it down and you will strafe in that direction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1