OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So... um... Maybe this is a stupid question... but... Might this be a good racing game?
unsure.gif

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not even really a "racing" game..
frown.gif
Well so far anyway. I played 5 minutes of the "click on this lane to make the car change lanes to avoid obstacles" game, and I am not sure if that's the entire game, or just one of a few different gametypes but it sucks and I haven't used a period in a good while so I will end this sentance now.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool looking screens? Where?
Disney has been nothing but cheap after they went all 3D animation.
So much copy and pasted animation and graphics. Movie wise anyway.

As for the game.... its by THQ. Wich Ive never seen make a decent non cheaply made game from before. Not unless theres more intervention from another company or something. Though that never shows much in the games.

Anyway, Im curoius if this game would be any good at all. Like even playable enough to be interesting.

So could someone post some screens? Never know when I might be wrong about it xD

Edit: ok, I return to what I was saying.
This game cant possibly be good.

Touch to switch lanes? What the smeck?
How is that racing? Its like a LCD racing obstacle game but with 3D graphics.

I think I'll save my Flash cart the trouble of burning this one.

Whats the next upcoming NDS racing game anyway?

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's just a bunch of stupid little touch screen games - there is one racing mode (kind of) however, but that sucks too. Overall ~0.99999999999999999999%

jotack99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noo! say it isn't so!
From the screens I thought it would be a supercool top-down racer using both screens, something like Nitro, SuperCars, MicroMachines etc
Now you are saying it's just a bounch of click-click minigames
frown.gif

*UPDATE*
Ok, so there is a "real" racing mode, but it sucks... there is no corners or other common racing track features
biggrin.gif
you just stomp the accelerator, go in a straight line and jump over any cars you need to pass. Lame.

gbtemp111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool looking screens? Where?
Disney has been nothing but cheap after they went all 3D animation.
So much copy and pasted animation and graphics. Movie wise anyway.

As for the game.... its by THQ. Wich Ive never seen make a decent non cheaply made game from before. Not unless theres more intervention from another company or something. Though that never shows much in the games.

thq is only the publisher(i think), game made by Helixe. afaik, thq only publishes.

Resident0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It doesn't work for me properly, patched it using Supercard v2.51 software, i finish the first stage then i get an endless black screen.

Tried patching with v2.44 same thing, is there a workaround?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
It doesn't work for me properly, patched it using Supercard v2.51 software, i finish the first stage then i get an endless black screen.

Tried patching with v2.44 same thing, is there a workaround?

Yeah
biggrin.gif

Reboot your DS after every level once you get the balck screens (it seems to save and then blackout :/ )

BUT it saves
biggrin.gif

Think we have to wait for a new software update
biggrin.gif

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried this game today. Yesterday, i didnt wanted to believe all the reports that it sucked. Well it does... I guess all the kids that will love the movie could find some interest in it but you really have to be a Hard-core fan of cars to find anything remotly fun that could hold some value for more than 20 minutes. GFX are fine though,even great! This game could have been much more.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, the 3D graphics are all right but, the game itself is just a collection of mini games. Would have been great if they included some footage of Pixar's new movie
biggrin.gif

I didn't play the game for long but, first there's a mini game where you have to fill cars up with fuel. You cycle through the 10+ spots and fill each car before they get mad and leave. Gets pretty hard towards the end! Then there's a watch the traffic lights game where you watch the lights blink in a sequence then you repeat. For the third choice, you switch lanes, dodging cars like Tshu mentioned.

Not a game I'd play long for.

http://uk.media.ds.ign.com/media/803/803780/imgs_1.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock