^^ndstitle-0981^^

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do know that there are more than just this one game available for the DS.....

and you also know that rainbow island is a squeal to bubble bobble....

From GameSpot.com Oct 13, 2005
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6135709.html?q=rainbow%20island

QUOTE said:
Taito's sequel to the Bubble Bobble series is making its way to Nintendo's dual-screen handheld with some new features.

Taito's 1987 arcade game Rainbow Island is coming to the Nintendo DS, and the latest issue of Famitsu has some new details on it. Titled Rainbow Island DS, the game is slated for release in Japan on January 5 at the price of 5,040 yen ($49). Taito has not announced any plans to release the game in North America.

Rainbow Island DS will use both the top and bottom screens for a large viewing area that allows players to see what's coming up in the vertically scrolling action game. A new feature to the gameplay is that players can draw rainbows on the screen with the stylus. By surrounding an enemy with a circular rainbow and moving it, players will be able to defeat multiple enemies at once.

Also see, #248 (J) http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=29469

edit: to add links

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You took that waaayy too seriously id242.
wtf.gif

Noo, another "Revolution" title!
ohmy.gif

Dokan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
i remember rainbow islands in the arcades, graphics were quite impressive for its time.
oh and the colors, so beauuutiful (nah, i'm still not gay yet)
mm i have to give this version a try -- ok i could have done so already with the japanese one (but don't tell me i'm gay, please ..
cry.gif
happy.gif
)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, maybe I'm going mad here, but have they changed the controls on this version from the Jap release? When I played the japanese version I'm sure I could use the d-pad or stylus to move my little guy around, in this version you can only use the stylus. Was easier when you could move with the control pad while killing thigns using the stylus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1