^^ndstitle-0920^^

kakawerk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think its based on the pc game in the era of 286 computers? like a pirates version of romance of the three kingdoms

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Whoa, this is a surprise to me. When was that announced? Is it gonna be translated?

I used to play Uncharted Waters 1, then 2 on SNES all the time. Very open-ended game, you had a fleet of ships, could buy/upgrade ships, raid other countries' ships, discover and map out new territory, hang out with the natives, do some trading... There were a fuckton of characters, each with a specific scenario. Well, it was a great game.

It's a lot like "Pirates", yes, very time-consuming. If you like open-ended games like elite, pirates, or morrowind, this is the kind of game without rails you should get.
Well, if it is a good sequel, of course.

krdvmus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, another pre-release.
bow.gif

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I played it back on the SNES too. I doubt it will be translated (the SNES version didn't do so hot) but it was quite fun. Yeah, similar in ways to Sid Meier's Pirates!, but you can explore the whole world rather than just the Carribian

kelvinate

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game was a major hit to all asian countries in back in the 486 computer era. Where people were still in awe of the cd-rom. This game is like pirates (do not ask me which came out first) where you go into the sea exploring and trading. You can enter ports and hire man, buy and sell and look for quests. There are quest such as looking for new america, search for anztac's gold.

You can encounter priates and other armies from different countries which you can fight in ship to ship combat and also hand combats. You will be able to buy extra ships and increase your fighting chances.

There is also a online version of the game in taiwan and HK atm. I dont know the link, does anyone know?

edit:
found the link: for anyone who can read chinese
http://gvo.joypark.com.tw/

Kelvin

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow I hope this gets a translation as the Sea Trader - Rise of Taipan game on the GBA was one of my favourite GBA games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1