NDSL + R4i Ultra + AKAIO 1.4.1

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Zparks, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Zparks
    OP

Zparks Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2008
    Now before I get flamed for buying a clone; I realise via hindsight that I have a crap card and am looking at replacing it soon anyhow. Though I am in the process of replacing it with an AK2i. Anyhow the reason I want help with this is so I can play M&L3 it has been something that's been troubling me for quite the while.

Details:
    Card: R4i Ultra /w Generic Sandisc 4GB Micro SDHC
    Firmware: Inital boot firmware is 'official' 1.54 with a load of AKAIO 1.4.1 (Proper)
    (I usually used AK's normal firmware to run my games but as there are a couple I wanna play I tried to use AKAIO to be able to do so)

Problem: Whenever I try and load any rom it swaps to the loading screen in blue text; then it changes green and goes no further.

The audio player and any homebrew works fine, it's only when I try to run commercial roms; moddified or not.

Process: After loading both the cards into my DSL I turn it on and it auto loads into the offical 1.54 firmware; I then run 'AKMENU4.nds' which boots into the AK firmware. I then go to my games folder and select my title.

Any advice and/or help would be appreciated.

2. iggloovortex

iggloovortex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Stratford, CT
    the same happened to me on my r4i ultra. perhaps there is a bug that only allows AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper to work on the Regular R4 Ultra only?

3. Leonidas

Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Aug 27, 2009
    Slovenia
    sLOVEnia
    I'm pretty sure AKAIO 141 doesn't work on clones. You can run the interface, but roms won't load.