NDSL Game compatability

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Q505, May 8, 2017.

1. Q505
    OP

Q505 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    Hey, I have a DS Lite and I just bought this card and from what I read it will work with the NDSL and will take 2gb+ cards:
    [​IMG]

I was wondering what ROMs can be used with the DS Lite?
    GBA?
    DS?
    DSi?
    DSi XL?
    Newer versions?

Because I can't find a site with DS Lite only roms...
    And to be clear, will roms from any site work? Even those meant for PC emulators? Or is there a specific site?
    Sry for dumb question, haven't touched my ds in 5 years

2. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Careful, asking for specific sites is a big no no. But pretty much any DS ROM should work, regardless of where you got it from.

DSLite ROMS? DSLite is just a smaller DS, no specific roms for it. Unless you meant DSi, which really didn't have many special ROMS and only one specific card (forget which, it wasn't important to me so I paid little attention) used them in DSi mode anyway, most cards just play them in regular DS mode. SInce you appear to be using DSLite you wouldn't be able to use DSi mode, so it's a moot point.

GBA would require an emulator unless you use a GBA flashcart in the GBA slot. DSTWO's pretty much the only DS card to be somewhat decent with GBA, as it has it's own extra processor to give it more power. Since you don't have that card, you're better off with a GBA cart (which would not be emulation and thus play just like real games) or forgetting GBA at all. You might have better luck with GB/GBC, but I've never really dabbled in that so can't help.

Good luck.

Last edited by tbb043, May 8, 2017
    Q505 likes this.
  3. Q505
    OP

Q505 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    Yeah I wasn't sure if the DSLite had it's own set of cards, but it seems not.
    Thanks for the info, can't wait for it to arrive :P