Hacking NDSL battery

CHK991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Well , i had this problem since i bought my NDSL .
it seems as if the battery runs out too quickly , my friend says he can run 10 hours on highest setting wich sounds pretty strange to me , as i run only 3 and half hours with earphones and a lot less without them .
i took his battey and using a timer i cheked both mine and his battery's just to found out the problem is'nt the battery.
they both run 3.5 hours .
(with earphones , highest setting , using a R4 )
is the R4 more power consuming or is something wrong with my DS ? should i send it to repirs ?

thanks !
yaynds.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I believe the problem is that your friend is exaggerating a bit
wink.gif

Having read almost all the flashcard reviews here on GBAtemp, I'm pretty sure that a NDSL battery usually lasts 3.5 hours
tongue.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
Here's a link to another battery: http://www.dealwoot.com/index.php?target=p...roduct_id=29853. It's supposed to last twice as long as the original. And it's really cheap. That should give you a few more hours.

I don't know about twice as long.
I have a 2000mAh battery, myself.
(Not the one you pointed him to, but this one. )
I never got 'twice' as much time from the new battery, but I did get a boost of a couple hours with the M3real and lowest brightness setting.
No, I've never tested it to see specifically how much of a charge difference there is.
It's noticeable, and it's notable, but it's far from double.

The one you pointed him to may be slightly better.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
Here's a link to another battery: http://www.dealwoot.com/index.php?target=p...roduct_id=29853. It's supposed to last twice as long as the original. And it's really cheap. That should give you a few more hours.

I never got 'twice' as much time from the new battery, but I did get a boost of a couple hours with the M3real and lowest brightness setting.
No, I've never tested it to see specifically how much of a charge difference there is.

I don't know if it's really double, but I remember reading a post about that battery where someone contacted DealWoot to see if it was actually double. They responded back saying that they tested it and it is double. That doesn't mean they're not wrong though.

path

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:

Ive been looking up battery life and batteries on dealextreme and apparently a lot of the batteries on DX are fake or the wrong size. Someone once took apart a 2000mAh battery and found a 1000mAh battery and a small rusted piece of iron. This was on the DX forums

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.