Hacking NDSi as a bookreader ?

1986worldcupstic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm after using a DSi XL as a bookreader but don't know if this is possible ?

Is there a flashcart that would enable me to do this ? If so, what file formats can they support etc ?

Any information on this would be great
Thanks guys

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
croagunk.master said:
Rockstar said:
DSTWO Supports most formats including PDF

And some other functions, useless for the average user.
Um but he needs a book reader?
DSTWO is the most smooth?
DSTWO would be the best that way?
Everybody would love an In Game Menu?
Everybody wants no patching to ROMs?

C

croagunk.master

Rockstar said:
croagunk.master said:
Rockstar said:
DSTWO Supports most formats including PDF

And some other functions, useless for the average user.
Um but he needs a book reader?
DSTWO is the most smooth?
DSTWO would be the best that way?
Everybody would love an In Game Menu?
Everybody wants no patching to ROMs?

I was referring to emulators and some other functions like slow-motion. I mean, it is a feature packed cart but most of the features are useless to the average user.
I for one don't crave for an In Game Menu.
AKAIO can run ROMs without patching at like a price 30$ less than the DSTWO.
The OP just wanted to read books on their DSi XL. Acekard is a cheap cart which can do the exact same with the homebrews to which I provided links in my earlier post.

1986worldcupstic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the links croagunk, exactly the sort of thing I need by the looks of it.
I was hoping for a solution involving acekard as that is the card I was gonna buy anyway.

Rockstar, thanks but croagunk is right here. I would never use the other functions of the DStwo card. I only want game support and book reading with my DSi. For a lot more money I can't see any real benefits over a program that acekard can run.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i own both AK2i and SCDS2.
using the same reader software on both cards, the only apreciable difference is that the SCDS2 renders the text slightly faster, which mean smoother scrolling through pages and slightly faster loading of documents.

you can read ebooks on either one, they both do the same job, yet, the SCDS2 loads text slightly faster.

It's up to you to decide what you want.

C

croagunk.master

1986worldcupstickerbook said:
Thanks for the links croagunk, exactly the sort of thing I need by the looks of it.
I was hoping for a solution involving acekard as that is the card I was gonna buy anyway.

Rockstar, thanks but croagunk is right here. I would never use the other functions of the DStwo card. I only want game support and book reading with my DSi. For a lot more money I can't see any real benefits over a program that acekard can run.

Glad you liked my opinion better
wink.gif

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that some older acekard 2i's aren't directly compatible with the DSi Xl because the DSi XL comes with fw 1.4.1
So try it before you buy it. If you're buying it online make sure that you check that its says something like 'compatible with DSi XL' or maybe compatible with 1.4.1
I recommend that you buy it from here: http://www.lightake.com/detail.do/sku.Xmas...NDSL_NDSi-34419
It comes pre-flashed for DSiXL and its the cheapest I could find anywhere.

1986worldcupstic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Croagunk
I ordered from zeroshippingzone as lightake was down at the time I ordered. Zeroshipping's site assured me that their product also came preflashed for 1.4.1. I will have have to wait and see. Probably a while with the chinese new year and all.

C

croagunk.master

1986worldcupstickerbook said:
@Croagunk
I ordered from zeroshippingzone as lightake was down at the time I ordered. Zeroshipping's site assured me that their product also came preflashed for 1.4.1. I will have have to wait and see. Probably a while with the chinese new year and all.

Yeah it'll take a really long time. Best of luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.