ndsCRC help, no roms found?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ulao, Jun 23, 2010.

Jun 23, 2010

ndsCRC help, no roms found? by ulao at 4:55 PM (2,265 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. ulao
    OP

Newcomer ulao Member

United States
    Hi I'm trying ndsCRC for the first time and I'm getting nowhere. It search all of my 3000+ roms and found none? My archive path is correct and it did put the have miss in there. What could be wrong? I know may roms works fine. I have them all zipped is that why?

Update:: Ok, I managed to make it start. I guess I didn't understand the folders at first. It ran for a few hours and I guess it found none ? I read the noob post on this app but I still am left with it not finding anything.

I'd also it looks like its trying to build rar files? I dont want them zipped, I plan on doing a merge. How can I get them renamed, not zipped ?

2. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    NdsCRC only un-rars files. It does not create them. If you want to stay with NdsCRC, my first suggestion would be to take one rar'ed file, place it in the eXtract0r directory, change the compression setting of NdsCRC to zero, and then press the Search & Sort button. I suggest this to see if you can just pull out just the .nds file and not compress it. I doubt it will work just because we are still compressing it into a .zip format.

Second, I would try another tool, like RToolDS or Rom Organizer which (I think) can handle .rar files.

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I've had a few issues getting it to work. At the moment, I have all 4 paths pointing to the same directory. If I change anything, it stops working.

[​IMG]

You'll probably want the eXtractor mode selected. But I prefer to manually uncompress them and then dump the nds files into it's directory.

If I start with a fresh install, and use those same settings, it doesn't work. So I don't fiddle with it while it's working.
    I'm assuming it's an issue with W7 x64, as NDScrc hasn't been updated in a while. The source is out there, i'm surprised no one is working on it.

If all you want is them renamed, use R4ToolDS instead.

4. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    I don't recommend what you're doing tk_saturn. It just wastes time when you have new files. Any new compressed files should go into the eXtractOr folder, any new .nds files go into the unknown folder.

5. pixelk

Newcomer pixelk Newbie

France