Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not much this week so I've merged both threads into one. I kinda sound like an angry video game nerd here, well with some of the shit I go through are you surprised?

Nintendo DS Releases

All dates are correct at time of posting and checked by multiple sources. Some dates may be shipping dates so expect a release sometime after. Not all games get dumped.

November 26th

Master of Illusion

Region: US Genre: Magic-me-do
Developer: Tenyo Publisher: Nintendo

Seems strange that Nintendo have picked this game up. Released a couple of weeks back in Japan as Magic Taizen, Master of Illusion isn't a game more than it is a Magic Kit that uses the Nintendo DS as its tool and its prop. Players can perform single player tricks that require no other element than the DS, but they can also use the packed-in deck of cards and trick their friends using the Nintendo DS. One trick, for example, will make a face come to life and look at an object placed next to the system, the side determined by the person of your choosing. Images & vid are from the Japanese version as Nintendo hasn't released any English ones yet.

Video Link

ME0000795947_2.jpg
ME0000746877_2.jpg
ME0000795957_2.jpg

November 27th

Boogie

Region: Europe Genre: Dance-me-do
Developer: EA Publisher: EA

So another dance game for the DS except you tap, swipe and draw and not actually dance. And the mic is in use too so thats erm nice.

Video Link

ME0000867807_2.jpg
ME0000867804_2.jpg
ME0000867802_2.jpg

Geometry Wars: Galaxies

Region: US Genre: Retro Shoot-me-do
Developer: Kujuu Publisher: Sierra

Most of you may have played the Wii version or even Retro Evolved on the 360. Apparently the DS version plays much better than both of those. D-pad controls movement and aiming is performed with the stylus, while the action plays out on the top screen. Theres also co-op & versus mode for 2 players, but sadly not on WFC. Like the Wii version, you can post your combined scores on the Elite leaderboard. Content is said to be identical to the Wii version so Retro Evolved should be included but both the Wii & DS have one different multiplayer mode but nothing as been said about the DS one. Those that own both the Nintendo DS and Wii can link the game together using Wi-Fi to unlock bonus content. Can't wait for this.

Video Link

ME0000850052_2.jpg
ME0000850048_2.jpg
ME0000850051_2.jpg

November 29th

Simple DS Series Vol. 28: The Illust Puzzle & Suuji Puzzle 2

Region: Japan Genre: Puzzle-me-do
Developer: D3 Publisher: D3

The second title, for those who enjoy Picross & Sudoku style games.

l_c-1.jpg
l_a-2.jpg

Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008

Region: Japan Genre: Card-me-do
Developer: Konami Publisher: Konami

Yet another game in the series. US version is out 4th December.

Video Link

ME0000896355_2.jpg
ME0000896352_2.jpg
ME0000896353_2.jpg

Layton Kyouju to Akuma no Hako

Region: Japan Genre: Adventure-me-do
Developer: Level 5 Publisher: Level 5

We've yet to receive the Professor Layton and the Curious Village but this is the sequel to the adventure series. A demo of this was dumped a while back. The series is pretty big in Japan and theres a live action movie planned for next year over there. Over here this will be called Professor Layton and the Pandora Box.

Video Link

ME0000896268_2.jpg
ME0000866172_2.jpg
ME0000866175_2.jpg

Also out in Japan:
Simple DS Series Vol. 23: The Puzzle Quest: Agaria no Kishi
Simple Series 27: The Misshitsu kara no Dasshutsu: The Suiri Bangai-hen
Tank Beat 2
Yes! PreCure 5
Rika-Chan DS: Onna no Ko Lesson: Oshare mo Oshigoto mo Omakase!
Mainichi Shinbun 1000 Dai-News
Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore! NEXT!
Gouma Reifu Den Izuna Ni
Fukoumori: Moririi no Unhappy Project
DS Kageyama Method: Tadashii Kanji Kakitori-Kun - Kondo wa Kanken Taisaku Dayo!

November 30th

The Golden Compass

Region: Europe Genre: Action Adventure-me-do
Developer: A2M Publisher: SEGA

Is it me or does the film look a bit meh? This game looks like shit. What the fuck is up with Sega nowadays and why the hell did they give this to a developer who did Ed, Edd 'n Eddy: The Mis-Edventures, Lizzie McGuire & That's So Raven & The Ant Bully?

938513_20070920_screen001.jpg
938513_20071106_screen001.jpg
938513_20071115_screen002.jpg

Also out in Europe is another shitty DSI game based on a license you didn't want:
M&M's Kart Racing

Nintendo Wii Releases

All dates are correct at time of posting and checked by multiple sources. Some dates may be shipping dates so expect a release sometime after. Not all games get dumped.

November 27th

Cruis'n

Region: US Genre: Race-me-do
Developer: Midway Publisher: Midway

Why do Midway bother with these games? This looks horrible kinda like when you put a PSX game into the PS2 and it looks slightly better. Those who have played it say that it plays like crap too.

2001458358878094636_rs.jpg
2001440001689428656_rs.jpg

Canium Kabookii

Region: US Genre: mini game-me-do
Developer: Ubisoft Publisher: Ubisoft

Another meh looking Wii game from Ubisoft. Based on the best-selling Cranium board game series! Cranium Kabookii is played with a single Wii remote, but an unlimited number of players may take part in the game. In addition to the remote, players will also use a set of red tinted "goggles" that come with the game. These goggles will allow players to see special clues on the screen that must be kept secret at all costs. The game will feature 15 activities in the spirit of the board game.

2004279110739628594_rs.jpg
2004259584989670746_rs.jpg

Game Party

Region: US Genre: Mini game-me-do
Developer: Midway Publisher: Midway

Another title added to the overcrowded Wii mini game market.

2005729131509470427_rs.jpg
2005781395515430181_rs.jpg

Also out:
History Channel: Battle For The Pacific (Nope not by DSI, its Activision! Suppose to be a FPS game, no details so will suck ass)

November 29th

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

Region: US Genre: Puzzle RPG kinda-me-do
Developer: Vicious Cycle / Infinite Interactive Publisher: D3

One of the best DS/PSP/360 games ever! Apparently its one of the best selling puzzle games this year, which I'm pleased about because it deserves it. It now comes to the Wii, personally I think it should've maybe been a WiiWare title but its nice that Wii owners can play this addictive game. Lets hope that they haven't messed this version up. Sadly theres no online at all which is really stupid if you ask me. There are harder modes added for this version and its said to be more balanced. No screens for the Wii version but it should look the same as the 360 one which I'm showing.

Video Link of Live Version

2000458622336654555_rs.jpg

Swing Golf Pangya 2nd Shot!

Region: Japan Genre: Golf-me-do
Developer: Tecmo Publisher: Tecmo

Swing into the action with your favorite characters as they return to the island to challenge new courses with all new story and tournament modes. New multiplayer modes have been introduced to keep the party going with friends and family. With completely new customizations, costumes, and secrets, Super Swing Golf Season 2 is a true hole-in-one! US version out next month as Super Swing Golf Season 2.

Video Link

2000972169351597433_rs.jpg
2000966003656725470_rs.jpg

Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes aka Devil King Heroes 2

Region: Japan Genre: Beat-me-do
Developer: Capcom Publisher: Capcom

Capcom brings back the samurai bang with another entry into its action-packed franchise known as Devil Kings stateside. In this special "Heroes" revisit to the second chapter of the franchise, players will now be able to take control of characters who were not playable in the original, including Nagamasa Asai, Oichi, and Kojuurou Katakura. All the playable characters from Basara 2 will also be available, of course. Joining all of this will be a few new modes of play and a few tweaks to the gameplay. Was released on PS2 back in August.

Video Link

2000383830162300999_rs.jpg
2000353854052222764_rs.jpg

Naruto Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX2

Region: Japan Genre: Beat-me-do
Developer: Takara Tomy Publisher: Takara Tomy

Yet another Naruto title for the Wii. Yawn?

Video Link

2002739470801768722_rs.jpg
2002732452723978117_rs.jpg

The Golden Compass

Developer: Shiny Entertainment Publisher: SEGA

This is by Shiny? SHINY!!! But they made awesome games like Sacrifice, Earthworm Jim, MDK, R/C Stunt Copter & Wild 9. Ok both Enter the Matrix & Messiah were just OK but at least they put effort into them, this looks as bad as a DSI/THQ cash in. Graphically its slightly better than a N64 game, ok they look alright in these small shots but believe me in bigger pics they are bad. Wtf is up with SEGA?

2005705679429067012_rs.jpg
2005774199580483036_rs.jpg

M&M's Kart Racing

Developer: Frontline Publisher: DSI

Are DSI mentally retarded or something? Why do they keep buying licenses like this? Whats on their minds? Anyway this is yet another game that no one ever asked for featuring a license that no one ever wanted in a video game, and looking like something on the N64. Ok its DSI, it looks horrid but it could play well...no it won't! Frontline are responsible for Chicken Shoot, Pet Pals: Animal Doctor, Hollie Hobby & Underground Pool. Avoid this like you'd avoid an extremely horny Granny who is fuck ugly, awful to have sex with and has every STD you can catch

2002768806100152007_rs.jpg
2002713962376502866_rs.jpg

Also Out this week in Europe:
My French Coach (No Wii shots or anything right now)
Kidz Sports International Soccer (Another shit looking shovelware game from Popcorn)

UPDATED:
Monday morning and IGN have updated their DS release list, they're kinda iffy sometimes but other times they're spot on so don't be surprised if you see these and don't be surprised if you don't.

All are said to be released in the UK between the 27th and the 30th:

Sommelien DS

Region: Europe Genre: Wine Guide-me-do
Developer: EA Publisher: EA

Can't tell a "Cab" from a "Zin"? Have no idea what people mean when they proclaim a wine has a "smoky" or fruity flavor? Never fear! Sommelien DS teaches you the art of enjoying wine and how to properly drink your libation. I think this is the English version of their Japanese wine game.

Myst

Region: Europe Genre: Adventure-me-do
Developer: Cyan Worlds Publisher: Midway

The legendary money printing game comes to the DS. New to the DS are: A complete all new age, the Rime Age, to explore, new sounds, effects, and video clips. I hope this comes out soon just to shut those two members who won't shut up about it.
biggrin.gif

Video Link

1187627658.jpg
1187627509.jpg
1187627598.jpg

Pic Pic

Region: Europe Genre: Puzzle-me-do
Developer: Success Publisher: 505 Games

English version of PikuPiku: Toku to E Ninaru Mitsu no Puzzle. Test your puzzle solving skills with three puzzle games. The first is Maze, a classic puzzle game in which to solve you must join the entrance to exit with a line! Next, test your skills with Crucipix by joining two cells on the field - the two cells must contain the same number and the number of cells between the two are the same indicated inside the first and the last cells. After completing each game, you will discover a drawing that can also help to resolve the puzzle! If the first two don't faze you then try your hand at Magipix! Another original game that requires painting a field divided in cells that contain a number. Every numbered cell is surrounded by 9 cells and the number inside indicates how many of the surrounding cells must be painted. At the end of the puzzle, you will be able to recognize a familiar design.

Video Link

ME0000821637_2.jpg
ME0000808300_2.jpg
ME0000821636_2.jpg

Prey the Stars

Region: Europe Genre: Adventure-me-do
Developer: Koei Canada Publisher: Koei

This was meant to be released in April and since has had several release dates, will this week be the week it finally comes out? In this bizarre game, you are one of masticating mutts progressing through a series of levels, eating increasingly large objects to make your pup grow bigger. Eventually, it seems, your pooch can munch massive items like vehicles and buildings.

prey-the-stars-first-details-20070327050408443.jpg
prey-the-stars-first-details-20070327050409427.jpg
prey-the-stars-first-details-20070327050407990.jpg

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I could've sworn we were all complaining about an overload of good games.
Did everyone just finish them all really quick in anticipation of this week's potential or something? XD

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could've sworn we were all complaining about an overload of good games.
Did everyone just finish them all really quick in anticipation of this week's potential or something? XD
I know, they moan when theres nothing they moan when theres loads, can't win really?

Theres been much worse weeks, at least theres Geometry Wars.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Finally...this looks as though it will be a good week.
Devil King Heroes 2, Boogie, Cruis'n (looks good for a DS racer), Geometry Wars...
And VVoltz will be happy about the new Yu-Gi-Oh card game
happy.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devil King Heroes 2, Boogie, Cruis'n (looks good for a DS racer), Geometry Wars...
happy.gif
Devil King 2 & Cruis'n are Wii games.

tongue.gif

EDIT:At the moment there are only Japanese DS games for the week of the 10th December! And the week after looks horrible so be lucky that theres SOMETHING this week.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
happy.gif
Well, I'm not near the end of Nightmare Troubadour so it will be another game to the pile "of-games-I-oughta-play-someday" =)
The truth is, that one and Geometry Wars are the best things to be released.
Oh, but I have a question, can you trade cards between different Yu-Gi-Oh games? (I guess not since Yugi Muto is not the protagonist of the GX series and many cards have changed).

And BTW, its good to see that this section is an element of the Portal Layout =) (good job hadrian).

madmk

Trophies
XP
Country
"Avoid this like you'd avoid an extremely horny Granny who is fuck ugly, awful to have sex with and has every STD you can catch"

lol, good game then is it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Senile discussion felt like we were having this type of conversation already