Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Yay!
biggrin.gif
I was hoping translators would finally give this a chance.

boojumz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OK...so...i've found the script, it uses standard Shift-JIS encoding...all that's left is to dump the whole thing and then translate it...
so...mishydishy and 12philip12, if you're still interested, the project is go.
if you need any help, you can ask me, now that i'm using my laptop, and things are working perfectly.
so. tomorrow, i will probably look for the menus and start translating those...i've got 191 .mes files and it'll be a while before i find what i need...basically the plan is to open the menu on my ds, look at the things, type them into NJStar, copy, paste them into text searches...unless if the .mes' have nicer names...so...could one of you guys try looking too? thanks.

Shyvnal

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to help a bit:
Note that all the translation is from http://www.gamebrink.com/nintendo-ds/4492-...tempest-guide-1

sce01.mes
???????????????
The mystical and illusional Land of Areulla.

???????????????
??????????????????
It has been 100 years since the ?Weremen Battle' took place when the Leymon reigned the land.

?????????
???????????
?????????
Control has since been taken over by humans and the Leymon have been persecuted across the country.

?????????????
????????……
Even Fern, a village on the outskirts of the country was not an exception'

event01.mes
"????" ???????????????
"????" ????????? ????????????
"????" ????????????????
"Ramrus" Caius, where have you been?
"Ramrus" Miss Rubia was looking for earlier.
"Ramrus" She mentioned something about you promising her something?

"????" ???
"????" ???????????? ???????????
"????" ???????…… 
"Caius" Uh-oh!
"Caius" I promised her we would go to the forest together today.
"Caius" I forgot all about it'

"????" ????????????
"????" ???????????
"Ramrus" I heard she's waiting at the church.
"Ramrus" Go there quickly.

"????" ????……
"????" ???????
"????" ?????????? ???????????????……
"????" ……?????
"Caius" OK'
"Caius" Hey, dad.
"Caius" I want to go with you the next time you're going out on a business trip'
"Caius" Could I?

"????" ……???? ??????????????
"Ramrus" No. I can't take you with me.

"????" ??????
"????" ?????????????
"????" ??????????????? ?????????
"Caius" Why?!
"Caius" I'm 15 now.
"Caius" I'm the only one in the village that has never been outside.
"Caius" Everyone else is helping out in the village'
"Caius" I'm going to be a laughing stock if I stay like this.

etc

valyr

Trophies
XP
Country
the menu button graphics are veiwable in tiled on 4bpp gba setting offset by 4 positions so should be easily editable
i dont know what files they are yet cos i found them while scanning through the whole .nds file

boojumz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hmm...for some reason when i tried to change the script, the whole rom crashed on the emulator...i got a black screen and nothing else, and when i tried out my flash card, i got stuff that looked like static...
should i save the trasnslated rom with the hex editor? or should i modify the .mes and repack it afterwards with the dslazy?

Shyvnal

Trophies
XP
Country
Use a hex editor and make sure you don't increase the filesize (each Japanese character is 2 bytes, so you could replace one with "qw" for example)
I just tried something and the game crashed :/

boojumz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i tried replacing the first word that appears with two random letters, and once the game got to the point where it needed to write them, the game froze...does that mean that it doesn't have the font in it? 'cuz that wouldn't really make much sense since it does have some english in it...

edit: i tried replacing the first few woreds with japanese, and that didn't crash the game, and everything worked smoothly. so i guess it doesn't have an english font in it, because even on windhex, the english words didn't register as substrings...

boojumz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
maybe i have to build my own font with bitmap font reader or feidian or something...i'll try those out...

if anyone knows how to build a font like that... could you tell me?

edit: so...after a bit of googling, i'm going to try to use feidian...since everyone seems to have used it to dump and insert fonts...first i'll have to switch computers 'cuz it's not working on m laptop...it's kinda annoying having to switch computers so often, but oh well...i'll see if it works and report back later...

edit2: no good...it's not working...could someone maybe use feidian, make the fonts and upload them or something, please? it's not working on any of my computers, even after i tried installing php...unless if you can tell me of another tool to use to insert a font...

LivingToDie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ehh boojumz ??? you have to give me and mishydishy the file of your progress or else we all will make or own patch and it will slow us down so you need to share the progress..... (i think its better if you send it in a pm to us)

I fully agree that the project will continue and that the game will be : Tales of the tempest

you can look of it at 2 sides there are now people posting that it must be an other game and so ..? there are sooo maanny people who don't want this game but there are too soooo manny who DO want to play this game in english so don't mind what people are posting about if its right or not

?? are there more people that want to help ?? someone with experience ??

Shyvnal

Trophies
XP
Country
12philip12, see his post's. As of now, you can't enter any English text making a translation impossible unless someone makes it possible.
boojumz, no luck using FEIDIAN. I managed to get around installing php but when it came to working the commands and i was lost.

boojumz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
12philip12, don't worry about who wants the patch and who doesn't. just focus on making it. we actually have made relatively no progress on the patch itself, and all the useful relevant files are all in the stuff valyr posted.

dslazy = to unpack the rom.
Tiled = tile editing.
windhex = hex editor (translhextion is good too. hex workshop is useful, but doesn't seem to support the use of tables...)
use the sjis table in the tables folder.

download NJwin and NJstar to read and write japanese.
download feidian to see if you can make a font to insert.

once we manage to insert an english font, then we shouldn't have much problems doing the rest of the script. for now, we should focus on making it. i'm going to try out feidian on my father's computer and see if that works...

if you want me to pm you, give me your e-mail address.

edit: nope, feidian's not working, so i'm going to use TilEd and try to see if i can maybe add them...concerning tile editing, i have no clue what i'm doing, so any help would be appreciated...

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikagami said:
I don't mean to repeat an already established point, but I am also curious as to why you have chosen to pick up this game as opposed to others that deserve an English translation more. It's your project, though.

Well, Tales of Innocence for example (this could be what you are thinking of
tongue.gif
) has a group doing a full translation, and it looks like they have a really good handle on it. Looks pretty professional so far.

boojumz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
meh...i really can't find a definite way of inserting the romanic alphabet font...and anything promisisng never works on my computer
mad.gif

feidian...fontedit...you guys can try those if you want...meanwhile, i'll look up all i can on tile editing and also see if i can't find the japanese fonts on TilEd...

edit: hmm...i'm not sure about this method i just thought of...but maybe we can go into the tiles, find the japanese font, change some of the hirogana(since they're all one byte each) into an english alphabet and use those? i'll try it...assuming i can find the japanese font in the first place...
i'm pretty sure i should be able to find it under GBA 4bpp...

boojumz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ugh...this translation project isn't working very well at the moment due to crappy computers...
however, once we fix this font problem, i can start translating the script and everything should be easy after that.

If anyone reading this thread could possibly tell us anything about font insertion, tile editing, finding fonts in the tiles or anything that you think may help us, please do, as i am rather desperate to at least be able to be at the stage in which we will just be inserting and translating script by the time school starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.