Gaming NDS. The Pokemon System?

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pokemon is a good thing. But when we look at how many of the DS games actually were good things, that's what the phrase can turn sour. And Diamond/Pearl are pretty much identical, so one could argue that those don't technically count as as two different good things. They are slightly different, and one cannot deny they are two separate games, but it seems unfair to count them as two good games, seeing as they are the exact same game except for little details. (the only major thing being the different legendary)

Games like crystal, and specifically yellow count a little more as different games seeing as they have more elements put into them than their Gold/Red counterparts. Until there is a third Pokemon DS RPG with substantial differences like Yellow/Crystal/Emerald, it will count as one thing to me.

The only good Pokemon games to come out for DS are Pokemon Ranger, to a lesser extent D/P.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uh, How many Mario featuring Games come out on each Nintendo system......handheld or console.

To complain about something like that doesn't make sense...at all. What is Nintendo suppose to do? They are not gonna stop making Pokemon games, the same with Mario, cause it brings in the $$$, So do we put it on Xbox? No, PS3 is better...[/sarcasm]

Not Flaming you but its kind of silly if you read it.

yea nintendo wouldn't just drop some of its' mascots e.g. Mario, pokemon, metroid, zelda etc. It's a shame theres only been one zelda game on the DS so far, phantom hourglass was very good.

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh, How many Mario featuring Games come out on each Nintendo system......handheld or console.

To complain about something like that doesn't make sense...at all. What is Nintendo suppose to do? They are not gonna stop making Pokemon games, the same with Mario, cause it brings in the $$$, So do we put it on Xbox? No, PS3 is better...[/sarcasm]

Not Flaming you but its kind of silly if you read it.

yea nintendo wouldn't just drop some of its' mascots e.g. Mario, pokemon, metroid, zelda etc. It's a shame theres only been one zelda game on the DS so far, phantom hourglass was very good.

Never said they'd drop them, but I just think they need to add more variety than the same franchises. Or maybe do something new to Zelda like have a platformer Zelda. That would be neat. I can't get the homebrew one to work though. Or have what every Kirby fan wants on any system, a Kirby game in an exploration type game such as Mario 64 or Zelda 64. THAT would be worthy of another franchise game on DS, rather than just the dumb Kirby Super Star remake. Or maybe a sequel to Kirby's Block Ball. (which despite what anyone may say, is an awesome game)

Gamesphere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I get it VBKirby. It also bothers me too that Nintendo is miliking their franchises to the extreme. Im one of the people who thought Pikman was a breath of fresh air from the polluted Mario games floating about.

Hopefully with Brawl and many of the great classic characters appearing in new modern forms, that can spur a Developer to bring back a classic that was sorely missed. Punch-out? Kid Icarus?

Spin-offs are ok but they need to be quality. I'd rather have a proper Pokemon adventure game done on a console without this shadow gimmick crap. It shouldn't be to hard, Take the battle engine and Character customization engine from PBR and you the game is a 1/4 made. Add story and graphics and online battling and you have a potential million seller. It's almost like Nintendo doesn't use their brains.

I'd rather not see Mario Football,Mario Hockey,or Pokemon: Super Puzzle Quest Adventure XD To the Max!

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon has SO MUCH DAMN POTENTIAL THAT ISN'T BEING USED.
Where is our Pokemon MMORPG? With the best players as Gym Leaders and the Elite Four, and the entire Pokemon world available?

If they made a handheld Pokemon game where you could go everywhere (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orre) I'd shit myself, lock myself up in my room, and never socialize again. Plus they really need to actually SHOW you the IVs and EVs of a Pokemon ingame for easy breeding, I just hate having to sit by my computer to do that on Metalkid's stat calc website, which is one of the reasons (THE reason) I gave up on Pokemon months ago, after playing Diamond for like 40 hours in 4-5 days.

Ugh.

Edit: Btw, IIRC means If I Remember Correctly.

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd rather not see Mario Football,Mario Hockey,or Pokemon: Super Puzzle Quest Adventure XD To the Max!

I saw this funny Youtube video called the Luigi story, and it had another video of Luigi interview outtakes. In that, the guy dressed as Luigi said that "Mario plays every sport under the sun, but has never done any plumbing." he then says "Who's ever heard of a plumber playing Soccer?"

I love those two videos. The guy playing Luigi makes some very good points about the Mario Series being overdone.

But yeah, if pokemon wants some more good stuff, they need to get Hal to make Pokemon Snap 2. They certainly don't need any more crap that Ambrella shovels out of the toilet.

Oh, and thanks for the acronym explanation. I'll need to remember it. I tend to also forget what they mean sometimes.

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pokemon Snap 2 could work for the DS but it would be perfect for the Wii.

Hell yes it would.

I also agree with the term Hell yes. Wii Pokemon Snap would be way better. never even occered to me since we were talking about DS. Though I wouldn't want Snap be taken out of the trusted hands of HAL. If some other company did it, it might not be in safe hands. God knows that if Ambrella got hold of it, all you could take pictures of is Pikachu. *Amrella's pokemon games only let you play as Pikachu*

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wish they would improve the battle system. Have it be like, Custom Robo? One button for each move, one button for jumping, gliding, flying etc. Then it would be much more like the show where the trainer commands "JUMP TO THE LEFT PIKACHU AND DODGE IT AND USE THUNDERSHOCK".

Pokemon Snap would be awesome on the DS, not the Wii. You could take your DS to a printing station and use wifi, but for Wii you would have to put in your SD card =/

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure which mechanics would be best for Snap. The remote or the touch screen. I do feel that the graphics would be more impressive on the wii. Snap and Hey you pikachu were the only times the Pokemon voices were crucial. In Pokemon puzzle league, they got annoying and made me turn the voices off. I hate it how IGN will knock points off of Pokemon games' sound just because it uses the 8 bit crys, especially when it wouldn't fit the style of that particular game. Pokemon Ranger would have sucked with the voices. Maybe if it were the Japanese voices, it might not be so bad, but ever since hearing the tragic voice change of Pochama to Piplup in the show, I hate the dubbed voices. *poor Pochama* I don't watch the show anymore, but I did see the first few episodes of the D/P series in subbed, and dubbed.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember the Pokemon trading card game on the GBA... that was so awesome. Loved being able to battle cards because I had no one to do it with in real life (except my friend who only had the starter deck so i won easily every time and it got boring). They should make that on DS, it'd be awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Something about family guy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it has the auto captions
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But the captions are in english, I only speak Ebonics
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i made myself a pizza today, that shit was mid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, atleast it wasnt that bad
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but i can't let a mediocre pizza bring me down, just around this time last month i made that cheesecake
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What does pizza and sex have in common? When its good, its good. But when its bad, its still pretty good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it