ROM Hack NDS - PokePatch Platinum crashing

hdopaquera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi people. I searched through all the websites and forums, and wherelse I could , and didn't solve my problem =[

I got an EZ Flas 3 in 1 for my nintendo DS Lite , and a R4 with wood firm. Well , I need to make Pal park between my leaf green in NOR mode , and Platinum in the R4 , but I tried all the patches realeased , and couldn't make it run =[

The Pokepatck v1 and v2 I tried in Diamon and Pearl (Cuz platinumis not supported ), and ir couldnt appear the "migrate from" in the screen ... and then tried V4 and V5 in either Diamon, pearl and Platinum, but i only got a crashed game , that doesnt come out from the starting white screen.

I tried EUR and US versions off all the 3 games in V4 and V5 , but the problem is always the same , white scren ... ...

I made a leaf green game save in NOR mode and even beatted the elite 4 . is functioning properly in NOR mode.

I need some help to solve the "white screen" problem , untill I see if the "migrate" option appear.

Thanks

D

Deleted User

First of all Im pretty sure it doesn't belong in "ROM Hacking and Translations"

hdopaquera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The "pokepatcher" its a hack modification , so the ROM can read the EZ Flash. Don't confuse homemade versions modified as the only way of Hacking.

and ur not helping either

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
maybe just maybe you should get an actual copy of the game...

or use the save editor to solve your problem. seeing as you are willing to patch the game you should have no problem using the save editor either... just copy the stats and personal info off of the gba game and don't think about it too much...

or wait is that what you were saying that the save editor didn't work?
action replay codes... could be the other way to do this. migrate your save to an emulator play with the arcode save then migrate that new save back...

hdopaquera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
but the problem is not the gba save or gba game ... the problem is that when I patch the NDS game (D/P/P) they don't run no more ... I try to run and get only an infinite white screen =[

platinum(U).nds , click and drop inside the poketpacher1.4.1.exe for example ... choose 1 for ezflash3in1.. the patch create the platinum(U)_pkpt.nds ... i put in the r4, turn on the DS , try to run platinum(U)_pkpt.nds and get a beautiful white screen =[

with or withou ezflash plugged

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
I was talking about the save editor that lets you edit settings like opening the palpark, or the arcodes that do the same.
but you were not talking about that. It may be easier to find a different version of the same rom (dumped by someone else or yourself). but If you could dump your own game than you wouldn't be having this problem. yeah I had that problem once try a different version of the rom with the patcher. Now do you have automatic patching in your firmware or do you have to do it manually?

cause you do it then then the firmware does it and bam whitescreen...

barring that it may be easier to not bother with a gba game in the other slot at all and just use the save editor to get what you want. its not really complicated and there are guides to do it that way....

hdopaquera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah, I already knew about the pokesav editor when I bought the EZ Flash, but I bought it to transfer my pokes to the nds saves

I needed a solution.

but thanks anyway , I'll still wait for some solution here =[

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
is the platinum ROM you tried to patch clean? If the ROM has been pre patched with something and your trying to patch you may get those white screen, also are you using the latest version of wood? another thing is to try scandisk your Micro SD and automatically repair errors and also try backing up the files and reformatting the SD card

hdopaquera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried now , still can't run the game, white screen =[

I formatted the SD card, download the new version of wood (1.35), put the wood on sd and the platinum patched with pokepatch , still the same ... =[

and I tried many sources of downloading platinum, I have 4 different usa platinums, and 3 eur ...

sinbad.the.saile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use pokepatch_v5_alpha3 with platinum make sure there both the same region.

if it fails use gba backup tool 2.1 to retrieve your save from 3in1 or original cart and use DeSmuME to migrate the pkm on the pc (better option can migrate to hgss too)

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sinbad.the.sailer said:
use pokepatch_v5_alpha3 with platinum make sure there both the same region.

if it fails use gba backup tool 2.1 to retrieve your save from 3in1 or original cart and use DeSmuME to migrate the pkm on the pc (better option can migrate to hgss too)

A few things on desmume:
- You need to import your ds save file in order to maintain progress. You can also export the save if you're done, but you need to convert your save to the right format afterwards to use it with your flashcart, which can be done here: http://shunyweb.info/convert.php These can be accessed by choosing 'import backup memory' and "export backup memory" respectively.
- Your "gba game" that should be inserted in slot-2 is emulated by using your gba save, that's why you have to retrieve it from your 3in1.
- Lastly, Desmume is resource heavy, so you need a recent pc with above average specs to run it smoothly as it is the only emulator that can emulate slot-2 functionalities to date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom