Hacking NDS games randomly freezing on G6 Lite?

MajinGohan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This has occurred to me at least twice, once when playing NSMB and just yesterday when playing Phoenix Wright.

The games ran flawlessly, until the game just froze up.
You could still see the screen, and hear the Music (in the NSMB case even the background props were still moving!), but you could not do anything.
It´s a very strange error.

Has this happened to any other G6L+Passcard 3 owners?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, after restarting the game, it did not freeze up again at the same place.

lil_fighter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yea, the exact same thing happened to me for a while,

I think the reason was I had had changed the casing (mine came in black, I changed it to white), and probably touched something i shouldn't have, like the contacts,

I did spray a bit of contact cleaner a few days ago, and its been working fine ever since

MajinGohan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ah, thanks. I did change cases when I got it, and I did it very sloppily
tongue.gif
If the problem persists I will take your advice.

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a similar problem until I upgraded the G6lite firmware. Check the official website for details.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tony Hawk froze up once, but I'm pretty sure it was a glitch in the game and not the G6 because a couple of my legit games have done the same thing. Mario 64 was one. Pretty sure Meteos was the other.

Mars10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah i also had the same problem. It would just randomly freeze,mostly during animal crossing which stinks cause the mole never stops chewing me out for quitting, but i decided to try and figure it out. I ended up backing up everything and formatting the card. It has worked good ever since.

Weej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is constantly happening to my G6 Lite. Sometimes, it just freezes at the Touch Pod screen. Other times, it freezes in the middle of a game out of no where. I have tried updating my firmware, reloading my firmware, re-writing the files to my card, everything, but the problem still persists.

It's most disappointing because nothing like this ever happend consistently until about 2 days ago, and I've had my cart for more than a month now.

mallfouf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue on my m3 a while back while playing Phoenix Wright. I was never able to fix the issue, and ended getting a new g6 lite.
I reloaded Phoenix Wright on the G6, moved my saves from the m3, and i was able to pick up from where i had left off.
So far, I have had this issue with only one game.

Here's a post i had started a while back related to the issue.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34541

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch