Hacking NDS Flashcart for 3DS -- which to get and where?

larrypretty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I need a new flashcart for my 3DS -- my old one spat out smoke. I'd prefer it to be compatible with GM9, but supposedly that's a handful and I can't find a list. I'm also on a budget of around $20-30 (that includes shipping.) I'm also not a fan of the R4 DSTT clones, as not much software supports them.
Any suggestions?

R4i gold plus, from r4ids.cn, supports DS and CFW mode, you can buy from nds-card with free shipping(from CN) or Mod3dscard with USPS/LA POSTE shipping(from USA/FR), within your budget.

Reactions: ParzivalWolfram

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
R4i gold plus, from r4ids.cn, supports DS and CFW mode, you can buy from nds-card with free shipping(from CN) or Mod3dscard with USPS/LA POSTE shipping(from USA/FR), within your budget.
That's the same cart I suggested. Great minds think alike!

Reactions: ParzivalWolfram

ParzivalWolfram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, maybe it's a thing with NDS-Bootstrap, but if you want a NTRBoot Flashcart, get the R4i Gold 3DS plus. It's what I have, and it works great. (it even comes preflashed, too!) You can find it on https://nds-card.com/
Already got one, from first suggestion.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For those talking about the loaders, they technically boot, but don't work. I can get to, say, DSiMenu++'s file selection menu, or equivalent for other loaders, but if I try to load an NDS ROM or any homebrew, the 3DS either hangs, is forcefully reset into 3DS mode, is forcefully shut down, or blackscreens and squeals at me.

ParzivalWolfram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where serious about the old one smoking? What card was that? I've tried some shitty knock-off carts before, but never had one actually smoke.
R4i DSTT clone from r4isdhc.com (the one with its own entry in ntrboot-flasher)

It worked great for like 4 years, then the epoxy blob-covered chip started smoking while I was playing SM64DS, and the game froze. Wouldn't show on 4 different DSis and 2 different 3DSes, just got hot after that.

The card was pretty good, despite having a jank DLDI requirement and a couple issues with the firmware it uses.

Last edited by ParzivalWolfram,

ParzivalWolfram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got the R4i Gold in. It's making my 3DS card slot make a horrible noise when inserted, but it's not gonna be taken out often, so eh...

EDIT: what the fuck does "3DS SETUP" do

Last edited by ParzivalWolfram,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k