FIXED! NDS-Card.com Gateway Review - Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude - at the 1:00 - 1:06 mark your fingers know exactly how to open the side and slide the tray out without having ever seen the box/contents before.

Seems like those digits know exactly what to reach for which is interesting if you never saw or opened one before.

Not accusing but it looks pretty suspicious as I remember when I got it I pulled the side open and looked in to see how to pull it out. Maybe I'm just slow or something :)

Reactions: nhamokid

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I have no opinion, anything can happen, but this is how my packages arrive always, i have never seen a brown enveloppe with tape arround (Excues me, i did once, but it had a notice from customs that it was opened)
Mostly i rip it openen, but there are a few trick to open them unharmed.

As you can see on this package, this company i often order stuff at, sticks the adress paper on the closing side of the eveloppe and a little but on the other side, so when you open it, you have to rip the white paper, Best proof for untampered stuff!

(Pictures are taken after i opend the package, it's just an example to show that there is no tape around the enveloppe ;)
IMG_20150208_214544.jpg
IMG_20150208_214604.jpg

He needs to take clear pictures of the package to proof him right, not some video that has no clear sharp pictures, but you can see the tape around it, where you would open the enveloppe.

Still, i do not have a clear opinion on this one :), i would not be suprised if it happend, but for the same thing, nds-card did send the right stuff but underway some corrupt guy could have switched the goods (has happened before and still does happen)

Reactions: bostonBC

Yanivle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pause his video at 1:26- you sir clearly forgot to remove your micro sd card off the right adapter..

can't really tell which type of micro sd, it looks red so probably so transcend/sandisk premium

Billski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bostonBC Huh? are you talking about the box the gateway was suppose to come in or are you talking about the envelope? if your talking about the box I mean I'm 27 I've opened a LOT of boxes in my life its not like it's rocket since but sorry that the way I opened the box and had my fingers seemed sketchy to you.

DjoeN Holy crap O.o I have purchased many things in my life and I have NEVER seen a package come to me looking that damaged I would refuse to even sign for a package that damaged.

Mchief298 Yeah man he was trolling all day not worth the keystrokes.

As for the rest appreciate your kind words in hoping things get resolved as for the negative feedback apologize if you don't believe what was said as I stated I wont be arguing that point anymore as I gave in detailed reasons on a post on page 4 near the bottom.

Yanivle You sir, clearly didn't read the whole topic yes indeed there was microSD cards in the adapters I was to upset to notice when I unboxed the package. I haven't taken the microSD's out of the adapters as I will not be tampering with the evidence but if the microSD's match the adapters one is a SanDisk and one is a Memorex. Both of which I offered to return to them if they would like to refund me and pay for the returned shipping if they wanted to investigate the package.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
bostonBC Huh? are you talking about the box the gateway was suppose to come in or are you talking about the envelope? if your talking about the box I mean I'm 27 I've opened a LOT of boxes in my life its not like it's rocket since but sorry that the way I opened the box and had my fingers seemed sketchy to you.

DjoeN Holy crap O.o I have purchased many things in my life and I have NEVER seen a package come to me looking that damaged I would refuse to even sign for a package that damaged.

As for the rest appreciate your kind words in hoping things get resolved as for the negative feedback apologize if you don't believe what was said as I stated I wont be arguing that point anymore as I gave in detailed reasons on a post on page 4 near the bottom.

This is after i openend it :)

Billski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh lols I was about to say dang they ship it to you in a blender O.o

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, I've never ordered anything from nds-card but I have ordered several gateways from different sites and NONE of them were sealed. The thing that holds the red and blue GWs was just in the box, and not sealed. The thing looked like it was gonna just fall out of it. Most unboxing videos I've watched have also had the same packaging. Not calling you out on it, just saying that it's kinda weird.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Dude - at the 1:00 - 1:06 mark your fingers know exactly how to open the side and slide the tray out without having ever seen the box/contents before.

Seems like those digits know exactly what to reach for which is interesting if you never saw or opened one before.

Not accusing but it looks pretty suspicious as I remember when I got it I pulled the side open and looked in to see how to pull it out. Maybe I'm just slow or something :)
You don't open very many packages do you?

Oo

After a while it just happens.

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
pause his video at 1:26- you sir clearly forgot to remove your micro sd card off the right adapter..

can't really tell which type of micro sd, it looks red so probably so transcend/sandisk premium

This. Op himself is the scammer lol

TimeMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Yanivle You sir, clearly didn't read the whole topic yes indeed there was microSD cards in the adapters I was to upset to notice when I unboxed the package. I haven't taken the microSD's out of the adapters as I will not be tampering with the evidence but if the microSD's match the adapters one is a SanDisk and one is a Memorex. Both of which I offered to return to them if they would like to refund me and pay for the returned shipping if they wanted to investigate the package.

What's with the whole tampering with evidence crap, this isn't a murder investigation you know. As in Paypal will not be lifting fingerprints off the microSD cards. You clearly thought no one would notice because of the crappy quality and they did. Again why in the world would they bother including actual memory cards in the adapters if they wanted to scam you. I mean it makes zero sense to me.

I think they made a typo and listed 9.3 as being supported so you're using that as an excuse to fabricate BS and get paypal to give you your money back as well as keep the gateway. You wouldn't be the first person to exploit paypals laxed buyer protection system, especially because it was shipped overseas and you know they will be siding with you on this one.

Your greed will be tarnishing a small independant company's image and I think you're an ass for doing that. I really truly do. Anyone who actually believes this guy is a moron, sorry.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its a lot to read but I highly recommend reading it all.

Hey GBAtemp community. Unfortunately I have some bad news on the gateway3ds front. After trying to get some information on this site through these forums it came back with almost zero information which was odd being they have on their webpage they are GBAtemp.net certified. However I tried to bite the bullet and take a leap of faith since they took Paypal and shipped to the USA (guess this should of raised some red flags right away). Unfortunately they are some shiffty scamming scum and I just wanted to post a review to keep others from making the same mistakes. Don't do what I did, and trust scammers because Paypal is so much easier to use then credit cards. If you can just buy an online virtual visa through your Paypal and just get one from an official reseller. All that being said I did record an unboxing showing proof of the scam as well as a post they put on their website recently to a customer just showing they will scam you just to make a quick buck. After all of the scam issue I did try to contact them they seemed professional at first and wanted to help only to come back with a garbage excuse a few days later saying oh we don't carry the microSD adapters in stock like it wouldn't cost them 3$ to run to the store and buy a couple or the fact I'm pretty sure they do have some since they sell microSD+Gateway bundles. So I have escalated this to a Paypal claim and I will let you guys know how that all goes down as I have to go through the process.

*edit* sorry forgot here is a link to their site incase anyone wanted to see. http://nds-card.com/

Here is the video link of the unboxing they sent me two crappy microSD adapters instead of the gateway3ds:

Also here is a post of them telling a customer that the gateway3ds works on 9.3 atm when clearly everyone is telling ppl not to upgrade past 9.2 just so they can try and make a quick buck. (also here is a link to a screenshot of this comment just encase they see this review and try and cover their tracks by taking this comment off their site http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d...teway3DS3DSgames--nds-cardcom_zps750894f3.png)
Posted by 정찬욱 01/30/2015

The gateway supports the Nintendo 9.3?
Does the gateway takes some time before shipping to Korea?
Reply:Dear 정찬욱,
Yes. gateway can work on 3ds v9.3 system.
And post airmail will take about 7-20 days to Korea.
Thanks.
nds-card.com

Was about to order from these people too thanks for letting me know.

TimeMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol, bad actor is bad. are you guys this easily convinced? scary.
Templar is, of course, correct.

Not only are they convinced in his OP but he keeps replying with even more lies and people are eating it up. Scammers like him are exactly why I'd be terrified of being a startup online. One sad guy with too much free time on his hands and you have lots of missed sales. Scary indeed.

Oh and To that guy who said he was going to buy something from them and now won't, I've bought lots of stuff from them in the past, most recent was a Sky3ds for my little brother which arrived in perfect condition and on time.

What about now?.... Do I have to make a video too?

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Ok one more thing, I think I can even anticipate OP's reason for slurring them. He mentions several times the mistake of fw 9.3 compatibility... I would bet some money he updated his 3ds and is now enraged about the typo, while in fact if this was the case it was due to his stupidity

TimeMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok one more thing, I think I can even anticipate OP's reason for slurring them. He mentions several times the mistake of fw 9.3 compatibility... I would bet some money he updated his 3ds and is now enraged about the typo, while in fact if this was the case it was due to his stupidity

SPOT ON! didn't think about that.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Whether or not the story has holes is one thing. The fact is that this isn't the first, nor will it be the last time this company has been called out on something. I honestly wouldn't recommend buying from them or any other overseas company tbh. Cba to care if it's the official reseller or not. I've heard more bad than good in the handful of reviews I've read about em.

Billski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua this is something that nds-card.com does with their packages it was stated in an email I have showing all the emails to Ryukouki if you want verification that they said they seal the gateways in the package you can ask him as well.

TimeMuffin We get it you think its a hoax move alone you have repeated the same garbage over and over there is zero reasoning for me to post a fake video is discredit nds-card.com. This was a simple warning to a community of ppl who deal with gateway cards you can take it or leave it clearly you'll leave it so with that move on and leave this too.

crea As usual with most of the ppl that run up in here and say scammer this scammer that you clearly didn't read any of the other posts as I clearly stated there was indeed microSD cards in the adapters I have no idea the size or the model of the microSD cards them selves however if they match the adapters they came in they are a SanDisk and a Memorex. I will not be taking the SD cards out nor will I be putting them in my computer to find out what is on them as I will not risk what is on them to possibly damage or harm my computer. And its a heck of a lot cheaper to send some cheap microSD cards then it is an 80$ gateway.

Edit - also no I didn't update my 3ds to 9.3 mine is at 9.2 thank you very much that post was made by someone from Korea not US. It was a simple comment showing that they are willing to tell a customer anything to make a quick buck off them. Not sure how that is me trying to slander their name when they are the ones that posted it themselves.

Mchief298 I just wish you around to share this information with me when I was asking people about this site. Good to know I'm not the first to be burned by them.

Reactions: Thomas12345

Billski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon Hacks Np bud that was the reason to put the video up was to just give a warning to the community

guitarheroknight Not sure how I'm butt hurt over the 9.3 typo and not sure how it was a typo when the clearly asked does gateway support 9.3 and the clearly posted back YES, IT SUPPORTS 9.3! All that being said I'm not butt hurt over it just showing another factor of how they don't care about what happens to their customer other then what just happened to me.

Reactions: Thomas12345
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o