Homebrew NDS Apps That Support SMB Share

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question, is there ANY DS apps that support SMB share ?

I've searched and not found any, but being new to the DS scene have probably overlooked something.

I was hoping that some emulators did, but can't find SMB on any features list. Music and vids apps could be cool with this too, but again I can't find any apps that have this.

If anyone knows of any apps that have this feature please post and let me know, I will of course update my first post (this one) with any details to help others like me who have searched and not found any. We could maybe build a list IF any apps actually do have this feature.

Is it maybe a limitation in hardware(don't think so)/software that has stopped devs tackling this handy feature ?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DS linux has a port of SAMBA and so it can use SMB, as far as I am aware nothing else has bothered with this (indeed aside from some streaming music other means of transfer to the device are standalone or within protocol/expectations with stuff like dcc transfer in CLIRC.

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
what is SMB? (if i may ask, sorry for noobish question
tongue.gif
)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SMB is the Windows filesharing method: when you right click and press "sharing" this is the underlying protocol.

Several years back there was however a big reverse engineering effort which ultimately made the SAMBA project used by just about everything that is not windows to access and create SMB shares. Quite often it is used in place of the native protocols of a given operating system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1