Hacking NDS Adaptor PLUS + 3DS Games

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is def interesting. I still want a driver mod that allows the NDS Adapter Plus to rip ROMs. I don't really want to spend $30 just to rup saves and still hold onto my DSL to dump my carts.

montgoej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you open up all 3 in a hex editor side-by-side, it definitely looks like there's a pattern like an encoded header or something. I've scanned through all the saves and not found anything that remotely looks like "real" data(names, amounts, etc.) so I think they're encoded in some way, but not necessarily encrypted. Anyone else that can post save files please do, as I have no way to do it but I'd love to look at them.
Also, companies have been known to monitor sites where people post save files and if there is anything personally-identifying in them, ban them from online play. Take that wit a grain of salt, as N's always been nicer about that kinda stuff, but it's possible. If you're worried about that and don't want to post them public PM me.
Also, to the original save file poster, can you please provide us some details as to what we might find in the save files? Any names you've used, etc.? This could potentially help greatly in identifying a properly-decoded save from any other junk data.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
gumbyx84 said:
I still want a driver mod that allows the NDS Adapter Plus to rip ROMs.
Yeah, I hope that's possible. Would be a nice way to dump.
smile.gif

@topic: This looks kinda promising, let's see how fast the 3DS gets its first "hack".

nekoakuma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
montgoej said:
If you open up all 3 in a hex editor side-by-side, it definitely looks like there's a pattern like an encoded header or something. I've scanned through all the saves and not found anything that remotely looks like "real" data(names, amounts, etc.) so I think they're encoded in some way, but not necessarily encrypted. Anyone else that can post save files please do, as I have no way to do it but I'd love to look at them.
Also, companies have been known to monitor sites where people post save files and if there is anything personally-identifying in them, ban them from online play. Take that wit a grain of salt, as N's always been nicer about that kinda stuff, but it's possible. If you're worried about that and don't want to post them public PM me.
Also, to the original save file poster, can you please provide us some details as to what we might find in the save files? Any names you've used, etc.? This could potentially help greatly in identifying a properly-decoded save from any other junk data.

I ripped those saves a while ago, so I can't remember the the exact values you might be able to find.

Ridge Racer/SFIV has a money/point system which you can use to unlock stuff.
Layton has... no idea.

Only name I remember in SFIV was ajjan (or ajj.an3)

Restoring the saves with the adaptor doesn't actually restore the data...so I'm thinking that it something stored on the console itself?

squall23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, so if people are saying the games are saved in the system or cartridge (still not fully sure which one it is), what's with the games in the beginning loading screen saying "saving to SD card"?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It needs to be said, some 3DS games may rely on the Mii itself for saving game data.
The Mii I created on my first 3DS ended up being transferred to my second 3DS through Mii Plaza (first 3DS had a fault and was returned)

The same mii had the same save data from Pilotwings Resort on another system.

Goveynetcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't checked out the saves yet, but you should probably describe what it is exactly that you earned in the game. Also, other people should attempt to dump their saves as well. And, maybe you should attempt to delete your current save data, re start the game, and make a new save data with nothing unlocked. That way we can make easier comparisons.

This could hopefully be the first break in some form of 3DS hacking
biggrin.gif

nekoakuma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Goveynetcom said:
I haven't checked out the saves yet, but you should probably describe what it is exactly that you earned in the game. Also, other people should attempt to dump their saves as well. And, maybe you should attempt to delete your current save data, re start the game, and make a new save data with nothing unlocked. That way we can make easier comparisons.

This could hopefully be the first break in some form of 3DS hacking
biggrin.gif

Layton and SFIV are just dumps.

With RR I tried buying some cars after backing up, but when I restored the old save the cars were still available.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Topic, open the RR file in an HEX editor and look at line 405. Your nick should be there
smile.gif
Try editing that to see if dumps work when you restore them
smile.gif

nekoakuma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I've managed to extract the key.bin and a decryptedsave file of RR....but I'm a bit lost as to what I'm looking for.

I saw the guys name at Line 405 in the one posted in the other thread, but the program doesn't show line numbers (or i don't know how to use it.)

I'm (trying) to use Cygnus Free Edition. Any help on that?

nevermind. Found my name. Gonna try edit it and restore it.

edit;

nothing changed

WiKiLEAK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
nekoakuma said:
Well, I've managed to extract the key.bin and a decryptedsave file of RR....but I'm a bit lost as to what I'm looking for.

I saw the guys name at Line 405 in the one posted in the other thread, but the program doesn't show line numbers (or i don't know how to use it.)

edit;

nothing changed
QUOTEQ7. I have tried all of the above method, but seems my NDS™ card doesn't compatible with the #0907 NDS™ Adaptor Plus, what's wrong?

A). For this case, please download and upgrade to the latest firmware and try again. If the latest firmware upgrade doesn't work, please kindly report to us. If it is a compatibility problem between the game and the #0907 NDS™ Adaptor Plus, we will try our best to release firmware updates so as to fix it.

Just Saying
blush.gif
..... SRC : http://www.hkems.com/qa_0907.htm

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
nekoakuma said:

edit;

nothing changed
Bad news. This implies that the save is on the 3DS itself. Maybe with the MAY update we can swap saves to our console and card and SD all we want.

TheNikkoMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
How? Just how can you think they are stored on the 3DS when they have been backup up from the cartridge..?
The result nekoakuma got could have many reasons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.