Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://sky2k.com/shop/nds-11-512mb-p-191.html
productnds1b1zk4.jpg

Sky2k supposedly has a 4Gbit & 2Gbit slot-1 solution for 1/3 the cost of DS-X. Sounds TGTBT...
QUOTE said:
The NDS 1:1 is a linker especially made the NDS/NDSL. It fits into the DS slot of your console, and allows you to launch NDS and other multimédia files (movies, music, e-books, ...). It includes flash memory so no extra memory card is needed. It can also be used as a passcard for other flash cards. This is a all-in-one product for your NDS/NDSL.

Features and Details:

- Original NDS cart size.

- No passcard needed.

- No memory card needed.

- Easy to use, plug and play.

- 100% compatible to NDS, support all DS roms.

- 512Mb flash memory included.

- Flash saving system built in, no battery needed.

- Support sleep mode.

- Support USB 2.0

- Can be used as passcard for M3/G6/Supercard/EZ Flash

edit:
The price is very appealing, but I've already ordered a SC/Superkey from them. How is it noone knows of this device? Is it a DS-X clone already? I'm frustrated.
unsure.gif

Also notice the card says NDSGBA, will it allow GBA roms unlike DS-X? atm this is all just speculation from me.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Looks just like the DS-Xtreme 4 Gbit. Except that the features list doesn't mention the "no-patching" feature which leads me to think that this requires patching
tongue.gif

I'm trying to find more differences between this and the DS-Xtreme... hmm...

edit: oh yeh, the price
biggrin.gif

edit2: doesnt seem to connect to the PC directly. How do you flash it?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IMO it looks like a cheap clone of the NinjaPass (as if that wasn't cheap enough to begin with).
The sticker on the front of the cart looks extremely similar to the GUI of the NinjaPass.

The site - Sky2k, seems to have the size of the card listed as both MB and Mb - so be careful. I'd assume that it's in megabits for the price - though if it is 512MB the flash memory would have to be extremely cheap (unreliable).

Also, I don't see a USB port on the card - so it's either a quick photoshop or it uses the same kind of USB linker we saw with the NinjaPass.

davr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
512Mb = 64MBytes. Not a whole lot. DS-X has 8 times more.
Probably this has zero homebrew compatibility as well. (supposedly DS-X has very good homebrew compatibility).

mastertop101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hum well, NDSGBA is the company who did Ultra FlashPass (the first internal memory slot 1). Ninjapass is a clone of Ultra Flashpass. Ultra FlashPass is 512Mb (64MB) and I heard it sucks. So I'm 99% sure this is 512Mb (64MB)

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
The thing is, we don't know if this is 512 Mb (Megabits) or 512 MB (Megabytes). The site doesn't say!
This is vital information though
huh.gif

Edit: OK mastertop101 you're probably right... 512 Mbits... hah.

monaug5

Trophies
Website
www.infiniteworkers.co.uk
XP
Country
I just emailed them this is the email i got back!:
Thank you for choosing to contact Sky2k.com Customer Care. This message is
being sent to let you know we received your request for assistance.
We value you as our customer and your satisfaction is important to us. Our goal
is to get back to you within 24 to 48 hours but we'll do our best to respond
sooner.

We appreciate your business.

Sky2k.com Customer Care

It seems that they are legit for now

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The site - Sky2k, seems to have the size of the card listed as both MB and Mb - so be careful. I'd assume that it's in megabits for the price - though if it is 512MB the flash memory would have to be extremely cheap (unreliable).
The site displays the uppercase MB above the Item # only because that title is caps-locked in the title, if you browse other stuff like EZ Flash 4 Lite Compact MicroSD and click it, it displays "EZ FLASH 4 LITE COMPACT MICROSD", so just a capslock thingy.

I think there are pretty much things with names of this card which oddly enough keep unexplained in the description, like:
- DSGBA, why the GBA in it, it doesn't launch GBA roms, else they would have putten that in the description already. :^) Just because it sounds interesting or something or perhaps the ability to use it as passcard for GBA slot? Stupid still. n.v.m. missed mastertop's post saying it's a company name...
-
product_NDS1B1.jpg
it says HDS 1:1 there, when it's called NDS 1:1 in the description?
- 1:1 ... what the hell does that mean, like copy a game 1:1 to that cartridge or something? and how would they do that then?

And then the description:
The NDS 1:1 is a linker (linker? shouldn't that be flashcart?) especially made the NDS/NDSL. (Sounds like we're missing a "for" in that sentence) It fits into the DS slot of your console (Truly, a ds slot in my console, wow), and allows you to launch NDS and other multimédia files (movies, music, e-books, ...). It includes flash memory so no extra memory card is needed. It can also be used as a passcard for other flash cards. This is a all-in-one product for your NDS/NDSL. (If the thing alone is all-in-one, are you supposed to put that card in your floppy drive to write stuff to it then?)

maxlifan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just order from the site 4 days ago for ds-link and card... They answered all my questions and were very nice.... Yes i think the store is safe.... BTW how long did it take for ur SC/SKey order to come?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd rather stick to the old faithfuls if they ever make a Supercard or M3 Slot 1 solution. At least you know you'll get firmware updates if needed.

bullet007

Trophies
XP
Country
Like someone said before me, NDSGBA was the company that made the Ultra Flash Pass. Not to long ago, the online store that was supporting the UFP dropped it, and the site was not updated with UFP updates.

This just looks like ndsgba is just trying to get back in the market, after their first product failed.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is DSLink English about $10 more than DSLink Chinese on that site?

edit:: It looks like all their flash cards are $15~ more for the English versions than the Asian ones. What's up with that??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since...