Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
427.jpg

Developer A2M announced a rebranding effort today, just as it unveiled a few new games in development under its new name of Behaviour Interactive. The company is promising to continue taking work-for-hire projects, but is also focusing on developing its own original titles.

Wet 2 and Naughty Bear 2 are the two major multi-platform games in development, both sequels to recent games from A2M. The company didn't share details on either release, but also teased several unannounced games for all three major consoles, DS, Facebook, and a casual MMO. It sounds like the indie team of just under 400 workers is going to be busy.

"We are and will always strive to be the best and most trusted independent game development studio in the industry," said CEO Remi Racine in the press release. "The change in name is not only a return to our previous name but also an indicator of the evolution of our company. We have developed a strong reputation as a high-quality work-for-hire studio as well as a creator of our own original content and will continue to pursue both sides of the business. The new name reflects the renaissance of the company."

Both Wet and Naughty Bear received middling scores, citing some limited features and redundant gameplay. But maybe with some more time and the benefit of reviewer feedback, Behaviour will deliver on the sequels and carve out a name for themselves.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

I know Wet got some pretty average reviews while Naughty Bear got downright awful ones, why they'd pursue sequels to either is beyond me. I doubt people will be suckered into buying sequels to either game.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I quite liked Wet. I can see why some people might not have cared for it (some sections were very annoying and QTE ending on a fight that the game had been building up for the entire game........ the less said about that the better) but I have certainly had worse games put in front of me and been told they were good (looking at devil may cry).

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I know Wet got some pretty average reviews while Naughty Bear got downright awful ones, why they'd pursue sequels to either is beyond me....

Well, if the cost of making a sequel for either game versus what they can make from those games allows them to even just break even, there's incentive for them to push those games into production. In the case of Naughty Bear, that thing probably cost peanuts to make. They've got an engine and assets already created. It wouldn't surprise me if they simply opted to publish a sequel as a downloadable title. Wet, on the other hand, has an appealing protagonist, and with a few tweaks, it could be an IP that picks up steam.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Naughty Bear was a waste of a dual layer - it doesn't even deserve to be pirated

- Wet - why the hate? i liked it, not visually that well but then again liked the whole running jumping, shooting and such. Honestly all it needs is some dusting off, poliush up the the visuals, and controls and voila.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte