Natal's official name revealed: Kinect

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I think that kinect is a contraction of "kinetic", which means movement and "connect". So it would means "a connexion by the movement"

EDIT : Meh. Goli was faster than me
tongue.gif

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
weird name, i prefer calling it natal than kinect

QUOTE said:
•Kinectimals Nintendogs

•Kinect Sports Wii Sports

•Kinect Adventures Wii Sports Resorts? i dunno, just nit-picking

•Dance Central Don't think this'll be a DDR clone

•Star Wars characters and iconic Disney favorites will be featured in separate new games being developed at Microsoft in conjunction with LucasArts and Disney. Squenix and Disney was weird enough, but star wars and disney? i'm curious

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Range-TE said:
weird name, i prefer calling it natal than kinect

QUOTE said:
•Kinectimals Nintendogs

•Kinect Sports Wii Sports

•Kinect Adventures Wii Sports Resorts? i dunno, just nit-picking

•Dance Central Don't think this'll be a DDR clone

•Star Wars characters and iconic Disney favorites will be featured in separate new games being developed at Microsoft in conjunction with LucasArts and Disney. Squenix and Disney was weird enough, but star wars and disney? i'm curious

Just wanted to point out that it does say in separate games - so it won't be Star Wars and Disney together... not sure if that was really that ambiguous, or if you just didn't read carefully enough (trying really hard not to call you a moron here, give me some credit)

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
shaunj66 said:
Wow. What a terrible name.

Hmm I'm getting Deja Vu here from around the time "Wii" was announced
rolleyes.gif

Microsoft is not to be oudone by Nintendo in the embarrassing name department!!

C'mon, Nintendo! We all know this is your forte! Don't let us down!

WrSmega

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was surprised that microsoft decided to copy ps2 tech which was the eye toy. now I don't understand why they are copying wii games -.-. microsoft needs to step up to the plate

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
the only thing I'm interested in with natal (fuck the new name) is the windows integration of the pc version the voice recognition of windows 7 was already pretty good and with video it will be even better.
I also hope the pc versions of some natal capable games will use it when its useful.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
qlum said:
I also hope the pc versions of some natal capable games will use it when its useful.

God, I hope not. That'd be awful! I prefer to sit at my desk, not flail my hands around. The whole thing seems gimmicky to me.

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Edhel said:
qlum said:

God, I hope not. That'd be awful! I prefer to sit at my desk, not flail my hands around. The whole thing seems gimmicky to me.
Will there even be games for it on PCs?
I mean, not because you can plug it into a USB port means you can actually use it.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The name wont stop me from buying/trying this thing out. And also, I don't think Kinect is anything like the Eye toy... At all! Eye toy shows your body and you hit stuff with your body, like bubbles and shit, or little ninjas.. Just like my old computer program I had back in 1997. Kinect gives you the ability to be an avatar and grip onto things, such as a wheel. I'm definitely trying this, and also the wand. :>

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares what you call it? I know plenty of things that wouldn't change just because of a name change. The guys who claim they're selling their Xboxes now because of a peripheral will still all be total morons, even if they change their names... I don't like fuzzy steering wheel covers, but I won't give up my car because of it - I just won't buy the accessories I don't want.

So I'm with everyone who says the name doesn't change their opinion of the device regardless of whether they already liked or disliked it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4