Nand Saves Emulation??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by portugeek, Dec 12, 2016.

1. portugeek
    OP

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    On USB Loader GX there's an option for "Nand Saves Emulation". I currently have that option set to FULL. Can someone explain what this option is truly doing, and which saves it's effecting?

Also, is there any way to direct Wii (disc) game saves to specific folder, similar to the way Nintendont handles GC game saves?

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Full save emulation gets everything from the emulated NAND filesystem - network config, game saves, remote syncs. Partial only uses the dumped NAND for the game saves and gets everything else from your real NAND.

You can change where the save emulation stores files in custom paths. The first option (NAND emu path) is for saves, the second (NAND channel path) is for a full NAND dump with WiiWare/VC, etc on it.

You don't actually have to dump anything to the save emu NAND if you want them separate. You can just create a folder and point the loader at it.

3. portugeek
    OP

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    Is that true? So I can use my systems real sysconfig by setting NAND Saves Emulation to Partial?

So if I just point to an empty folder with no NAND dump, it places the saves there?

Last edited by portugeek, Dec 12, 2016