Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
After bricking my first N3ds I had someone hardmod and swap out the board on my n3ds. I just got it back today and was able to dump the nand four successful times. The problem is when I go to write back to the nand it gives me an error (see picture) anyone know what could be wrong?

Edit: I think I figured it out, I read on another thread it is usually caused when lock on the micro sd card is locked.... Going to try to fix it myself and get another one from the person who modded it

Edit 2: It was the lock switch, still need a new one eventually but got it working for now

Attachments

• write error.jpg
    write error.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 282

atkfromabove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just use a piece of tape over the area where the lock switch should be to get it to write. I always lose the stupid thing when I take the adapter apart so I have to use tape whenever I want to write to the 3DS

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You can just use a piece of tape over the area where the lock switch should be to get it to write. I always lose the stupid thing when I take the adapter apart so I have to use tape whenever I want to write to the 3DS

I ended up using one from a spare sd reader, I see the two contacts and assume they have something to do with it. In the end it looks like hell but worked

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people use tape or tape on a piece of plastic, I like using a small dab of hot glue or epoxy, when I loose that part.
The reader just needs those two internal pin pushed together that grounds a signal that allows the write function.

This is quick picture of what I mean :lol:

Reactions: Ronhero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.