NAND mod help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sweis12, May 4, 2015.

1. sweis12
    OP

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    I currently have my 3ds 95% nand modded, but I have one problem. I got the SD adapter soldered, I have the JST conecter soldered. I have the game card reader removed.

NOW:
    I need to solder one last wire to the CLK, but the problem is, THE PIN IS SO SMALL!
    How am I supposed to solder to it? I can barley even see the pin. What can I do?
    So close, yet so far away.

2. Obi123

Obi123 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    Sunderland, UK
    Use mall wires and small soldering iron. Applying flux and some tin/lead solder to the CLK point using your soldering iron. Heat up your wire a little bit with flux, then applying lead-tin solder (covering your wire with tin solder). Heat up soldering iron, securely place the wire on CLK point then carefully put the soldering iron in between CLK and the wire. They will be automatically soldered. 2 seconds should be the ideal time for this kind of soldering.
    Remember, cover both wire and CLK with tin/lead, then solder them both with hot, small soldering iron for 2 seconds. You will be fine! You can practice on an old PBC.

Where to find small wires? Inside network cables ;)

3. sweis12
    OP

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    I got all my wires out of an old network cable lol. Thanks for the help. I will try when my dad gets home.

4. Obi123

Obi123 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    Sunderland, UK
    How is it going mate?