Hardware nand flash dump (3ds xl)

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Afaik, that's the only firmware that has gone public in decrypted form (although I haven't found it yet for downloading otherwise I would try to flash it myself). But I'm sure the Gateway team have more versions, at least the 4.1-4.5 versions and possibly also the 6.x.

the Frimware was a EUR dump from a French Console
;D

what would be interesting would be to use a Gateway to Skip the Region but not the Firmware spoofer

to see if you could go from a 4.1.0-XU to a 4.5.0-XE or J or T or even C firmware using a cart update

Reactions: cearp

Squirrel61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
but in order to let the 3ds read decrypted files u have to hack the 3ds or not?

That's what I want to find out. If it does read the files, we're ok. If it doesn't, we have to search further.

the Frimware was a EUR dump from a French Console
;D

what would be interesting would be to use a Gateway to Skip the Region but not the Firmware spoofer

to see if you could go from a 4.1.0-XU to a 4.5.0-XE or J or T or even C firmware using a cart update
I'm also in Europe so that's no problem for me. But more important, if the method works, I'm sure decrypted Asian and US dumps of lower firmware versions will appear all over the web very soon.

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i doubt it if this really works should it not been used earlier?

One of the forumer from our french forum have also talk about this , and he told us that he have upadated his 3ds to 6.1 and then he can also downgrade by welding four others wires in his 3ds.
And now he could update his 3ds up to 6.1 and downgrade it to 4.2 smoothly.
I doubt about this , that's really possible to downgrade my 3ds in the near future? I hope it be come true, so that i could use my Gateway 3ds on my 3ds v6.2E and no need to buy a new one.
Here's the photo from him .
3ds-downgrade_zpseb77972e.jpg

which site is it anyway?

Squirrel61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe it's just never been tried? With the PSP it was the same, until someone got the insane idea of flashing decrypted files, everyone believed that it wouldn't work, because "Sony would have closed that hole for sure" but they just didn't.

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I don't think the 2.1.0-3E dump was decrypted...
Afaik it was just an encrypted dump, and thus useless.

charlie22911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been lurking these forums for many many years, but this thread made me register up and post.
There was a question asking if you could effectively clone a 3DS via NAND dump and system transfer. The answer is yes, it works just fine with a caveat; if you open the store you *will* lose all your cloned games on the transfer host system and it will reconfigure itself as if it were new.
You can however play multiplayer between the two just fine. It really sucks that Nintendo refuses to adopt a proven iTunes-esque account system.

Pictures for the interested:

EDIT:

To help people avoid bricking their systems, do multiple dumps and compare the md5 hash for each, they should all match.
Finally, open your dump in a hexeditor; if you see a header like this one then you should be golden (no copyright infringing material contained within this).

Code:
=K.."s..=M.j!.......kr.......{\q.....oQ.#H?m. `R.i~T...`H9.Q.....!.......T...z..J.....m\.....Hg.n..e.]c.=.....XEN..?S..C.....u..0...\yN...F1..y.M!...-..nq.=..r....G. ?Mk.N..iQG.......?u....It..z.s..'.N...-J.\..'.G..D.V.!...c.8g.E....#.-.....$M..}1Sm..Vz..(NCSD.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap that's pretty awesome. Now I really have to try this, just have to do some practice soldering to retouch on the skills.

Squirrel61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow! You mean you dumped the nand from system A and flashed it to system B and it worked? That would mean that the nand uses a global encryption and not a device-based encryption, as is the common believe.

When you flashed system B with the nand from system A, did that actually mean a downgrade for system B?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Wow! You mean you dumped the nand from system A and flashed it to system B and it worked? That would mean that the nand uses a global encryption and not a device-based encryption, as is the common believe.

When you flashed system B with the nand from system A, did that actually mean a downgrade for system B?
I think what he did was:

1. Dump nand from system A
2. System transferred from system A to B
3. Restored System A with its own previous dump which gets his eshop account back, and thus cloning an account.

No system is downgraded to my knowledge.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been lurking these forums for many many years, but this thread made me register up and post.
There was a question asking if you could effectively clone a 3DS via NAND dump and system transfer. The answer is yes, it works just fine with a caveat; if you open the store you *will* lose all your cloned games on the transfer host system and it will reconfigure itself as if it were new.
You can however play multiplayer between the two just fine. It really sucks that Nintendo refuses to adopt a proven iTunes-esque account system.

To help people avoid bricking their systems, do multiple dumps and compare the md5 hash for each, they should all match.
Finally, open your dump in a hexeditor; if you see a header like this one then you should be golden (no copyright infringing material contained within this).

Code:
=K.."s..=M.j!.......kr.......{\q.....oQ.#H?m. `R.i~T...`H9.Q.....!.......T...z..J.....m\.....Hg.n..e.]c.=.....XEN..?S..C.....u..0...\yN...F1..y.M!...-..nq.=..r....G. ?Mk.N..iQG.......?u....It..z.s..'.N...-J.\..'.G..D.V.!...c.8g.E....#.-.....$M..}1Sm..Vz..(NCSD.

Perfect. Exactly what I plan on doing with my new XL, and my Ambassador System. Could you tell us whether or not when you restore the XL to the NAND before the one that you system transferred to still shows you can license transfer the same number of times?

Example would be;

Initial NAND Dump (7 system transfers left.)->System Transfer->Restore to initial NAND dump (Does it still show 7 system transfers left?)

Someone could have a whole collection of NAND dumps from different 3DS' they've system transferred to if the system transfer counter is set back once you restore to an older NAND dump. Thanks for the information.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Maybe it's just never been tried? With the PSP it was the same, until someone got the insane idea of flashing decrypted files, everyone believed that it wouldn't work, because "Sony would have closed that hole for sure" but they just didn't.
although with the psp, i'm pretty sure if you unencrypted every file, it would not fit on the flash memory.
it would be cool if the 3ds is the same :)

CaptainSodaPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So, is it possible if you do a system transfer to another 3DS that's 4.5 or lower, dump that firmware and flash again on 6.x 3DS that you downgrade to 4.5?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, is it possible if you do a system transfer to another 3DS that's 4.5 or lower, dump that firmware and flash again on 6.x 3DS that you downgrade to 4.5?
For a system transfer both 3DSes have to be on the latest firmware. That, and I don't really understand what you're asking.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
with ps3, sometimes/somehow etc, you are able to spoof your firmware version using a proxy running through your computer, has anyone looked at this?
as in, when the 3ds connects online, it MAY send it's firmware in plain text, and if it is the latest version then nintendo allows you to transfer/connect to the shop/etc.
using a proxy you could edit what it sends. i think with vita there was something like this too.
but maybe it doesn't work this way for 3ds :)

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Initial NAND Dump (7 system transfers left.)->System Transfer->Restore to initial NAND dump (Does it still show 7 system transfers left?)

To get this information, the 3DS tries to connect to nintendo. It isn't saved on the NAND.
I don't want to flag my system/account so Wifi is off on my cloned 3DS.
Streetpass with the old and new system works, even with the same Mii :rolleyes:

During the transfer, the tickets get transfered from one system/account to the target system/account.
The movable.sed (used for encryption of the SD files) from the host system gets also transferred.
You can now share one SD with both Systems.
New titles downloaded on the target system won't show on the host system, because the tickets are missing.
The NAND is still encrypted with a console unique key, so no way to exchange the tickets by copying a part of the NAND etc.

when the 3ds connects online, it MAY send it's firmware in plain text

Encrypted connection to nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net.

Reactions: lightenup and cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup