Hardware nand flash dump (3ds xl)

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow........that is nice, super clean. I like how you used the existing hole in the case (used for the strap?) to place the usb port. Did you have to cut it any or did the port just fit right in there?

i didn't have to cut or modify the case in anyway. the micro usb port fits perfectly.

Personally, I don't like having it so blatantly obvious that you've modded your hardware. When I get mine done, I'm having it put under the battery cover like some of the earlier posts, that way nobody will know unless you take the battery cover off.

It's not like you're going to be NAND flashing every day or something, it's more of a fail-safe backup system.

yeah, i know what you mean but i didn't have to or want to modify the case. i think it's kinda stealthy in a sense :)

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't have to enlarge the hole in the side of the case where the handle would go? Most people I've seen have to take some power tools to it and enlarge it.

ryuga93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
>Does not ship to Romania
aww, also ordering from ebay is very expensive considering that the delivery price to Romania sometimes is around 20-25$

I'll see if I can find a bricked 3ds on chinese forum,cuz most of them use clones.But shipping will really take a long time now since Lunar New Year is around the corner. Also it is better to ask whether a NAND backup is available before buying.

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't have to enlarge the hole in the side of the case where the handle would go? Most people I've seen have to take some power tools to it and enlarge it.

nope. no modification at all. just popped it in from the outside in then soldered my wires. here's a pic before i cleaned up the wiring.
20140122_235146.jpg

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at work right now, Ill do some more practice when I get home.

Edit: Alternatively, I could just use 2.0b2 on my 3DS xl (which I purchased last week to use) to try to install eShop titles, and If I brick I could do this.

The problem is I'm not entirely confident with my soldering skills, and testing the eMMC on a working console doesn't seem like the best idea to me. Best case scenario is that someone could get someone with good experience a bricked console to test on. Maybe a fundraiser or something? couldn't be more then $40 or $50 for a bricked XL.

I apologize for offering then weaseling.

Edit 2: Noob Statement here! Has anyone considered that Gateway left themselves a software-based backdoor for this brick so it doesn't require opening up the system and soldering to fix? They probably didn't leave such a thing, but it would have made repairs and development on the brick a lot easier for them, if such a thing is possible.

I have a strong suspicion that in a week or two Gateway will announce that since the clone card makers can't repair the console Gateway will offer a special deal to repair and buy a Gateway card. And I bet they have a way to easily fix the problem so it will be a huge profit maker for them.

It would be a brilliant move as it is likely that none of the resellers would offer clone carts again.

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have a strong suspicion that in a week or two Gateway will announce that since the clone card makers can't repair the console Gateway will offer a special deal to repair and buy a Gateway card. And I bet they have a way to easily fix the problem so it will be a huge profit maker for them.

It would be a brilliant move as it is likely that none of the resellers would offer clone carts again.

According to r4i, they are already making progress on unbricking the consoles... I dont know if its true or not, but thats what they told me.

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you using to secure the internal (female) usb port? I ask because I flash a couple times a day sometimes, and am worring about doing a mod like that and the glue not holding right.

if you look in the picture i posted up top, it fits perfectly and snug. it won't come loose. i had to push it from outside in, the other way around wouldn't work. you can use a glue gun and glue it in place for added security but i tried wiggling mine before i closed it and it's really secure.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you look in the picture i posted up top, it fits perfectly and snug. it won't come loose. i had to push it from outside in, the other way around wouldn't work. you can use a glue gun and glue it in place for added security but i tried wiggling mine before i closed it and it's really secure.

INteresting. Source for the port? May as well buy what you got. :)

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The guys from r4i found a way to communicate with the controller, so its possible, but they wont tell anyone how they did it so we have to find a way on our own.

UTerror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm currently working on a nand backup connector for my 3ds XL. The 3ds is not (yet) bricked, but it's better to be safe and have a backup ready.

I also have a custom arduino board, some microchip devices (PIC18F series, picweb board, ...), FTDI UM232H development board , raspberry pi or an altera DE0 fpga board.
I have made some programs and scripts before, but never used any SPI code/interface before.

I could try to help you guys....

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
im sure gateway will have their ways.....but as they put it, why would they want to help the clones out of their hole....better for them to just fix peoples bricks who used gateway and leave the clones hanging..........but that's not whats best for their customers unfortunately

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the usual chilish BS from them...yeah we make our own FW....but we will only show it if GW does first......and we can fix the 3DS's ....but errrrrr we will tell you how once our errrrmmmm testing team follow the guide on gbatemp perfect the method

Reactions: kirillov

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: In your case it's Oh oh fart ahhhh