1. link42586

OP link42586 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Can someone tell me what all the boot0/1 and all those options are for and break that down for me? I can't remember which does what and which ones I really ultimately need. I know that I have A backup from 4.1.0 to 7.0.1 and that they are taking up ALOT (over 200GB+) of space now.

2. masagrator

masagrator The developper

Poland
    And for what sake you need all of them? Just stay with the oldest one. You can always update it with ChoiDojourNX.

3. link42586

OP link42586 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's not just nands but mostly nands. Idk why I have kept all of them. But I would like to know what the boot0/1 is so I know if i can get rid of it or not and more importantly the partitions folder. Got A bunch of files in it and idk what any of them are for. From what I can gather but i'm not sure it seems like the rawnand.bin is ultimately what I need to keep right. And just the oldest? So what's all that stuff in the partitions folder all about.

4. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I believe the boot0/1 files are related to the specific firmware so its best to keep them, also both files are 4mb each, hardly taking up space.

5. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Nand raw, boot0 and boot1, are all only helpful if you didnt burn fuses. If you ignored suggestions to use autoRCM and "accidentally" burned fuses then you might as well delete them all.

A real downgrade isn't possible if you burnt your fuses. Sure you can use a custom bootloader but that affords you nothing when a true coldboot exploit is ever released.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - question, Backups,