Nacon releases new wireless phone controller grip for use with Xbox Game Pass on mobile

Announced and released on the same day is Nacon's latest controller. Designed for use with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and xCloud game streaming, the Nacon Rig MG-X controller is a telescoping device meant to grip your phone for console gaming on the go. It connects via Bluetooth and is supported by any Android phone with a screen size of up to 6.7 inches/152.4mm. The MG-X gets around 20 hours of battery life, with a retail cost of $79.99, putting it at a competitive price point with the similar Razer Kishi and GameSir X2.

RIG MG-X features*:

• The Xbox experience wherever you are: A Designed for Xbox mobile holder, ideal to enjoy the Game Pass Ultimate offer or play any other compatible mobile game.
  • Pocket-sized controller: Compact and robust, the RIG MG-X is the perfect companion for all mobile gamers. Its textured grip ensures optimal comfort.
  • Fully secured: Adjustable opening securely holds the smartphone for maximum stability.
  • Wireless connection: Easy pairing of the smartphone to the RIG MG-X with Bluetooth 4.2.
  • 20hours life-time: Built-in rechargeable battery with USB-C input, (charging cable included), offering long hours of gaming when travelling. Check on the battery status with the LED indicator.
  • Universal compatibility: Works with all Android smartphones equipped with Android 6 and later systems, up to 6.7 inches (152.4 mm) screens.
RIG MG-X is available now at a recommended retail price of $79.99. It is available online from Walmart and Target.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As much as I think Game Pass is a great deal and In-Home Streaming works pretty well if you've got your network done up proper, Cloud Gaming with Game Pass has been among the weakest in performance for me versus PlayStation Now, GeForce Now and Stadia (haven't tried Amazon).

That said, home networks have a lot to do with the quality still and while my network may work well for local streaming, that doesn't make it perfect for remote. I'd always recommend people try before they buy wherever possible.

Reactions: Xzi and Plazorn

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Too bad it doesn't come with remapper software. The bluetooth is a bit iffy. On my Razer Jungle Cats, there's weird presses sometimes. Annoyingly, I had to make my own mount for it for my LG V60 with dual screen because Razer didn't really think through their design

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Good for Android games, but when you're streaming you now have to add to the usual latency, additional latency from Bluetooth.
Bluetooth controllers are never good for streaming.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The Razer Kishi and GameSir X2 comparisons are strange, considering those are 2 of the only 3 wired options on the market, and this is a wireless product.

I would also not say $80 vs $50 is a "comparable" price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo