Homebrew N64 Switch online without Expansion?

FRKN4O

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I installed the N64 app via Tinfoil. Deleted the app. Then went on and Installed the N64 online app from the original eshop. I can acces the N64 app without a checkup.

I only have the free trail from Nintendo. Weird because only the Nes and Snes apps work with the free trial. Why can I acces the N64 one without the expansion. Is it because I downloaded it first from Tinfoil? Any risk of a ban?

• Wow
Reactions: binkinator

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the N64 app via Tinfoil. Deleted the app. Then went on and Installed the N64 online app from the original eshop. I can acces the N64 app without a checkup.

I only have the free trail from Nintendo. Weird because only the Nes and Snes apps work with the free trial. Why can I acces the N64 one without the expansion. Is it because I downloaded it first from Tinfoil? Any risk of a ban?
Your going to get banned ROTFLMAO

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hopefully you installed the .nsp/.xci with Tinfoil on your Emunan and then restarted your Switch and booted into Sysnand to go online and install from the eshop. If not, and you simply deleted and then hit the eshop with the same *nand you had the .nsp/.xci installed on then @Shadow#1 is likely correct and you’ll be flagged…

Might as well reinstall the backup at this point. It does what you want anyway, without the need to go Online.

Reactions: impeeza and peteruk

FRKN4O

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dead online switch incoming….. seriously just buy another one. One for online and one for mods. Support the developers and buy games
All my games are original. I just modded my switch for checkpoint. I was just curious how tinfoil would work with the N64 app. I deleted the app and everything. Maybe I wont get banned. I play all the games online legally all the time. So maybe it will get overlooked lol.

Reactions: iiTzSamurai

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my games are original. I just modded my switch for checkpoint. I was just curious how tinfoil would work with the N64 app. I deleted the app and everything. Maybe I wont get banned. I play all the games online legally all the time. So maybe it will get overlooked lol.
Nope your definitely getting banned

Reactions: impeeza

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The installation of software (and where it came from and if it was properly signed) is logged locally on your Switch. Whenever your Switch is able to talk to Ninty, the first thing it does is upload its telemetry so Ninty can know what the Switch has been doing. The logs are reviewed and serial numbers are flagged. When they do the next round, all serial numbers found to have been dabbling in contraband are marked as not allowed to communicate with the Ninty servers…hence the familiar error codes that let you know you’ve been banned.

best you can do at this point is leave it as is, only boot into Emunand/CFW and make sure you have Exosphere and DNS:mitm (and/or 90DNS) on:

Exosphere/dns:mitm

To test your shields:
90DNSTester -- DNS tester to make sure Ninty can't find you while playing hide-n-seek!

Switch Banning Hub The @Draxzelex definitive place to read about console bans and how to reduce your risk of being

Last edited by binkinator,

FRKN4O

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thanks for the explanation. Will my method work. Just buy another v1 switch and do a system transfer before getting banned.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Accounts don't get banned bout 99.99999999% of the time. Its very rarely and usually when the account does get banned, it's due to chargebacks, bad credit cards, etc.

FRKN4O

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alright. I am going to pick up a new Switch in a few hours. I will do a system transfer. My OG switch has atmosphere. What will happen if I do a system transfer. Will my saves be on the new system? Will I get any errors?

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I am going to pick up a new Switch in a few hours. I will do a system transfer. My OG switch has atmosphere. What will happen if I do a system transfer. Will my saves be on the new system? Will I get any errors?
Should not transfer and get an OLED

FRKN4O

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Should not transfer and get an OLED
I will get another v1. I just use jksv. Nothing else. I just want my saves on it. Al my 35 games are original. I want to have a backup of my pokemon saves and splatoon 2. Cloud does not support that. Why shouldn’t I transfer it?

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will get another v1. I just use jksv. Nothing else. I just want my saves on it. Al my 35 games are original. I want to have a backup of my pokemon saves and splatoon 2. Cloud does not support that. Why shouldn’t I transfer it?
Because u put banable stuff on this switch then transferring it will carry it to the new switch getting it banned too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-