Hacking N64 Emulator

dunsybhoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this question has probably been asked a million times but I can't find much online concerning this. Is there a decent N64 emulator for the Wii (even running in GC mode)? I've got Wii64 but it's painfully slow. I just find it a bit strange that there seems to be one for every console known to man except the GC Wii and DS. If anyone can point me in the direction of one that would be great. My N64 has given up the ghost so I just want to play backups of my carts
shy.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
the N64 emulator is still quite slow now. Just wait for a new improved version.
or you can use the wad installer to install pirated VC N64 games.

dunsybhoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys but the injecting looks a bit complicated and to be honest from a compatibilty list I found most of the ROMS I have that I would want to play are listed as not working. Looks like I'll have to wait it out till Wii64 gets improved and gets a proper release.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
installing virtual console games is just as easy as playing the N64 emulator on the wii. Think of the virtual console WAD files, as exe files. Then from the homebrew channel you just run the wad manager, just like you would run any other homebrew program. you simple chose each game you want to install, and run it. Then they appear on the wii system menu screen as channels, just like they normally would. There's a great tutorial here as GBAtemp, it may even be stickied. check it out
smile.gif

dunsybhoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers Volkov I did find the tutorial and it looks very easy. These things don't usually faze me but the tutorial I was looking at was on another site and it involved hex editing and manipulating code and key.bin which I am never too keen to try because I am not really sure what I am doing. It seems pretty easy with the homebrew app for it. I know it's predicatable but the games I was looking to play were the same ones everybody wants like Conker and Goldeneye which unfortunately don't work. Like everyone else I'll just need to wait till Wii64 gets sorted to get my fix of the Aztec Complex level on 00 Agent difficulty!! Man that took me weeks to get by back in the day!
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...